Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Focus On....Buttons!

For me, buttons are one of those things that were really a big embellishment many years ago, then they sort of faded away....but recently I've seen a resurgence of these beautiful embellishments!  More and more I see them used on layouts and off the page projects!  And not just a scattered button here or there but loads of them!  Take for example this beautiful framed decor project done by our very talented design team member Patti!  She created this incredibly cute tree using Bo Bunny Buttons!...

"Framed Button Christmas Tree"
by Patti Milazzo

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Stockings and Patchwork/ Blitzen
Buttons: Blitzen and assorted Buttons & Bling (previous collections)
Chipboard: Blitzen 12”
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luzma used beautiful Bo Bunny buttons scattered among blooms & butterflies for a truly gorgeous border on her heart-warming page of herself and her daughter....

"Living My Happily Ever After"
by Luzma Bruna



Supplies:
Papers Welcome Home collection
Buttons Welcome Home collection
Sticker Welcome Home collection
Jewels Welcome Home collection
Chipboard Welcome Home collection
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aren't these projects beautiful?!  And Bo Bunny has GORGEOUS buttons coordinated for each of their amazing paper collections, so you'll always have the right button embellishment to go with a project!

TIP:  Here is a little tip about using buttons on a project!  Take the time to either stitch it on the project/page or use some twine or string in the button holes.  It goes a long way to adding a beautiful 'finished' look to your project!  Believe me, I've tried both ways and always find I like the look a hundred times better when I take the time to add the twine or thread!

Have you tried using buttons on your projects recently?  Give it a go, you'll find your pages taking on a new and fun look to them! xo

12 comments:

  1. fabulous projects!!! both are just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeeeee both of these!!! I love love love love that Christmas tree!! Both are just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabrielle, I always love your projects. So much inspiration and attention to details. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love buttons, but often have trouble making the 'fit' on a page - the layout looks great with buttons and flowers together. And I LOVE that tree - almost all my xmas cards this year are trees of varying shapes and sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love to use buttons as an embellishment on my projects. I will never stop using them. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects. I LOVE buttons & use them a lot on my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I lOVE buttons! And these two projects are adorable! Love that button tree!

    ReplyDelete