Sunday, September 19, 2010

School's in with LEARNING CURVE!

Now that most everyone is back in school for the new year... I thought I would try my hand at creating a few things using one of our fun new lines... LEARNING CURVE. This line has everything you need to make your school themed projects shine! Love the flash to the past going on here with the sweet vintage twist. The aged but somehow still bright and fun primary colors work perfectly for this theme and so many others.

Let me share how I played with LEARNING CURVE....

How about altering a can to create a specific place for the kids' "School tools" or "Homework Helpers"? And a new bookmark for the new school year is always a fun treat. The many different cutouts that come with this line make creating one a snap.

I had fun combining my love of paper, woodcrafts and painting with this little project. I cut a "3" out of wood using my scroll saw then painted and altered it. You can find wooden numbers and letters at most craft stores. Then I used one of those 4x6 clear acrylic tabletop picture frames to add Cassidy's photo to and glue to wood base.

Next is a notebook I altered to create an address book where my girls' can keep their friends' contact info safely inside. This beats trying to keep track of all the little notes and small pieces of paper they stash in their rooms and backpacks.

And of course I just HAD to scrap a back-to-school layout! I used my exacto knife and cut around just enough of the large books on this Learning Curve paper to be able to slide my photo in "behind" them. The huge brackets I created using some Learning Curve Letters paper. The "mini chalk board" is one of the cutouts and I used my white Sharpie to achieve a chalk look. (I hope! HA!)

Okay! Now it's your turn to share. What fun back-to-school themed projects are you working on? Can't wait to see! Have a great week!

27 comments:

  1. I love love love the layout and the wooden 3 project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all SHanna but I love the 3rd grade wooden frame! Great use of the Learning Curve line! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love each one of these projects especially the hand cut 3 for the the frame and the layout. I might have to scraplift the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !!!! i love all this projects !!! make me the taste to do something too with this amazing line !! thank you !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These creations are AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These projects are stunning and I absolutely love your layout and the wooden 3 and picture frame projects!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool projects! I love this collection. Can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok seriously??? You are a genious!!! LOVE everything you've created - the frame and the layout is the bomb - love, love your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are all amazing! Love every single one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy moly!!
    i'm speechless!! BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love love love the 3rd grade project. its perfection

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such fun projects! i especially love the big 3 project ( maybe because I have one in third grade! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh I love these projects- especially the 3rd grade frame. Great way to show off this line!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what great project my dear....I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever--I love them and the line. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is soooo cute. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw some of this line at ScrapFest in Minneapolis and LOVED IT! Beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute cute cute! Love everything you created!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute cute cute! Love everything you created!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love this line...and your creations with it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gooooorgeous!!! Completely love this range, the wooden 3 is genius!!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow -- AMAZING projects!!! I recently worked with the Learning Curve line but it can't compare to what you have done!

    http://aubreesscraps.blogspot.com/2010/09/back-to-school.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this blog. I got an email and was about it delete but thought I'll go a head and check out this blog and I'm glad that I did. It is wonderful and I love all the ideas. Thank you....

    ReplyDelete