Monday, November 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Table Decor & Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

Can you believe it's November already? Where did October go? As I was thinking about what I could create and share for this week's Mad Scrapper post, it just seemed crazy that I'm already thinking "Turkey Day!" Here's what I came up with....

I thought it would be awesome to create an "interractive centerpiece" if you will. In our family, it's tradition before we eat our Thanksgiving meal to take turns going around the table and expressing what we're grateful for. That's how the idea for this "Blessings Tree" came. All I did was covered a tall, empty Pringles can with Chocolate Double Dot cardstock. Then I drew out the tree-top (I've provided the pattern below) and glued it to the top of the tree trunk. You can't see the seams of the paper because it's hidden behind the orange Double Dot ribbon I used to wrap around the tree and tie a bow. I also created a heart that says "So very blessed" to add to the front of it. The leaves are a ton of fun to make. (I've provided the pattern for this and the heart below also) I cut them out of several different colored fall papers then inked and sanded the edges before crinkling them to make them look realistic. You can create many of these to lay out as part of your Thanksgiving table decor. Then, as each person takes a turn saying what they are grateful for.... they can write it on a leaf then attach it to the tree. FUN!!!




Supplies used: Chocolate Dot, Gingerbread Dot, Orange Citrus Double Dot ribbon, Delilah Cut-outs, Delilah Pretty, Delilah You & Me, Delilah Promise

Then I also created a fun place card using Bo Bunny's Falling 4 U stamp. Just Stamp the image on some double dot cardstock then using a craft knife, cut around the top of the tree so it pops up off the cards when you cut them out and fold them. Easy peasy!

Supplies: Falling 4 U stamp and Chiffon Double Dot cardstock

Okay..... I'm sorry it's taken so long to announce the winners of a few of my previous Monday posts! But here they are!!!!!

Double Dot Cardstock giveaway.....
Denise said...
It looks fantastic!!! I'm constantly reaching for beige. It just goes so well with all the colors.

Noel Card Kit giveaway....
Ronnie said...
I love to mix it up, but traditional just does something to me that is all about the meaning of christmas.

Okay Ladies.... Congrats! Shoot me an email at shannavineyard@comcast.net to give me your mailing addresses and I will get your prizes shipped!

11 comments:

  1. Wauwie, lovely project! My children would love to embellish that tree too, I think :-)
    Hugs Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna, what a great idea - I love it! The added heart is so special. And thanks so much for those patterns - I know I'll use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the idea - - i would love to try this soon!!!!

    Congrats Denise and Ronnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the Winners! and LOVE the projects with templates... THANK YOUUUU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree! I think I need to create one for our Thanksgiving table too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful idea. I can see a layout or mini-album made using Thanksgiving photos and leaves with family and guests blessings. Thank you for sharing the ideas and templates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely centerpiece and thanks for the templates. love the earthy look of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the winners!

    Oh my goodness . . . this table decor is FANTASTIC!! WOW! Cuteness to the maximum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute table setting!!!

    And congrats to the winners of the giveaways!!!

    ReplyDelete