Friday, December 9, 2011

Layout Challenge Friday

user posted image

It's time for another Layout Challenge! 

The Challenge is to
Be Inspired By Circles

Just think about all the circles out there. There are circle punches, coluzzle circles, brads, buttons, die-cuts and patterned paper.  Have you been thinking about cutting some of your pictures into circles?  Here is the opportunity to give it a go!  The possibilities are endless! 

You will have until December 21 to complete your layout and link it here.  

Now, lets let the design team inspire us!

Relaxing
Gabrielle Pollacco

I wanted to use one of the newest collections so I went with Enchanted....but when I think of circles I think of Timepiece so I mixed the two smile.gif ....the photo is one I took of Chloe on a recent Apple Festival day trip we went on, just sitting and relaxing for a moment watching the crowds walk by.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

DESIGNER'S TIP: I used some tan and brown chalk ink as well as a bit of mauvey pink chalk ink to color up the background of the Enchanted paper to give it a more vintage look. For a very soft tinting you can use a make-up sponge with the ink or the Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Applicator/& pad to apply the chalk ink.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Enchanted- Moments, Love; Timpiece-TickToc,
6x6 Paper Pad: Timepiece, Welcome Home
Chipboard: Enchanted
Brads: Timepiece, SnowFall
Jewels: Enchanted
Title Alpha Stickers: SnowFall

And next up we have :
 XOXOXO 
 Mireille Divjak

I cut the patterned paper in circles because of the challenge. I also used "double dot".. and patterned paper with circles/ dots I used a "circle" title and circle embellishments.
I hope this inspires to work with shapes.

user posted image

The translation for the journaling is:  Pink Ribbon
Your first cause
You bought a pink ribbon from your pocket money
because you thought it was important.

Supplies:
Cardstock :Double Dot - Tutu Dot, Blush Dot
Patterned Paper: Enchanted- enchanted, dots; Smoochable - hotlips, stripe
Brads: Enchanted
Jewels: Enchanted, Smoochable
Buttons: Enchanted
chipboard: Smoochable
Cardstock Stickers: Smoochable
Layered Chipboard: Smoochable

Now it's YOUR TURN! 
We can't wait to see what you come up with!!  Remember, you have to link it here by December 21.  We will choose a winner for a terrific Bo Bunny prize!

Don't forget to share what you are creating on Facebook!  We love to see what you are up too!

Have a great weekend!




4 comments:

  1. I love circles! What a great challenge and wonderful layouts ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow very nice. But I prefer the first one... it's amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh this challenge was just written for me!! I just know it... lol!!! I have a serious ADDICTION to circles!! I loveeeeeeeeeee what the DT created! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really a good challenge for me, I have a hard time to have circles in my layouts. I have tried before and this is my second attempt to really use circles in the layout. Merry x-mas all friends out there

    ReplyDelete