Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Faith and Pentart Rust FX with DT member Solange



Hello BoBunny Fans.

It's Solange Marques here. Today is truly a day of technique on this appointed "Technique Tuesday"!

I've made an altered bottle using Pentart's Rust Effect system for this fun project.

I've used BoBunny Faith collection and Pentart Rust Effect products. 


To get this effect, I started covering the bottle with BoBunny acrylic gesso white.


Then I mixed Pentart Primer Paste Gesso with Rust Effect Powder.  the rust effect is truly a metal powder, so you aren't just getting an effect, you are getting real rust! I applied this mixed on the bottle:


I applied more a little of Rust effect powder on some places on the bottle.  It's important to let this dry before going on to the next step.


After, I applied Rust effect reagents and I used a brush to disperse the reagents and mix them.  There are three colors of reagents, so it is best to apply all three for a really cool, antique "sunken treasure" kind of look.




You must wait for 24 hours for get the rust effect.  This happens gradulayy as the gesso and the reagents fully dry.


To finish it I added some Noteworthy and fussy cut outs from the Faith collection:






BoBunny supplies:

Patterned Paper: Heaven Sent,Light/ Faith

Faith Noteworthy

Gesso: White


Pentart Supplies: 

Primer Paste Gesso

Rust Effect Powder

Rust Effect reagents set

No comments:

Post a Comment