Friday, July 20, 2018

Escape to Paradise Greeting Cards with Ginny

Hello there friends and BoBunny Fans!

It's time to share my first project created with the amazing Escape to Paradise collection. If you can picture vintage Miami deco retro....that would be this collection. So much fun! And the bright cheery color scheme is really winning me over.  I created two very different cards just to show the versatility of the patterns.
Escape to Paradise_Card 1_Ginny Nemchak_July20_01
This card was such fun to create. I don't know why I don't work with yellow more often. I guess because I need more pineapples in my craft stash lol.
Escape to Paradise_Card 1_Ginny Nemchak_July20_02

I created a double layer of matting with the Double Dot Cardstock and I think it really helps the  colors pop.

Escape to Paradise_Card 1_Ginny Nemchak_July20_03
There's a tag tucked into the layers and a die cut doily. On top I added some thickers for a bit of unexpected sparkle. I used the giant sticker from the combo sticker sheet to act as a base for all the layers.
Escape to Paradise_Card 1_Ginny Nemchak_July20_04
Even though this cut apart has 3 pineapples already printed on it I added the one from the Layered Stickers too because I liked the sentiment and the bling. A simple bow with a few flowers was all this card need to be finished off perfectly.
Escape to Paradise_Making Flowers_Ginny Nemchak_July20_01
For my second card, I wanted to create some of the embellishments with the new BoBunny Stamps and the Vicki Boutin Color Wheel ink pad. The doodly flowers work so well with this collection! They are stamped onto the patterned paper then after drying given a bit of detail with the Sugar Glitter Paste. Leaving a small border around the outside when cutting them out gives these made by me flowers a purchased embellishment quality.
Escape to Paradise_Card 2_Ginny Nemchak_July20_01

So. Many. Layers. I mean can you ever have too many layers of gorgeous BoBunny papers? I think not!

Escape to Paradise_Card 2_Ginny Nemchak_July20_02
I'm really loving those stamped flowers and they were super easy to tuck into the layers. I've topped them off with a few additional made by me flowers and one from the layered sticker sheet.
Escape to Paradise_Card 2_Ginny Nemchak_July20_03
The Mandala doily is one of my favorite dies as it's got a simple and not too intricate shape. Of course I added a poofy bow. This one is topped off with a second bow of loopy twine and a Double Dot Brad. The tags in the back come from the Noteworthy collection and were finished with a simple eyelet and twine pulled through.
Escape to Paradise_Card 2_Ginny Nemchak_July20_04
 The Double Dot Jelwels coordinate perfectly with the Layered Sticker banner.  How did I get this far without mentioning the flamingos? This may actually be my very first flamingo project. I'm trying to recall but I can't think of one.
Escape to Paradise_Card 1&2_Ginny Nemchak_July20_01
Even though these cards come from the same collection they are very uniquely different. I love them both!

I hope you enjoyed viewing these cards as much as I enjoyed creating them! Wishing everyone a happy and productive day : ) Ginny

BoBunny product list:
Escape to Paradise: Escape to Paradise, Aloha, Wave, Pineapples, Beach
Escape to Paradise Combo Stickers
Escape to Paradise Layered Chipboards
Escape to Paradise Noteworthy die cuts
Escape to Paradise Thickers
Simply Flowers Stamp
Double Dot Cardstock: Powder Blue Vintage, Buttercup
Double Dot Blue Hues Jewels
Double Dot Blue Hues Brads
BoBunny Sugar Glitter Paste
BoBunny Mandala Die
Color Wheel Mixed Media inks Vicki Boutin by American Crafts
Sticky Thumb Dimensional Adhesive American Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment