Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Home Sweet Home Embroidery Hoop with Katherine

Hello BoBunny fans!

I wanted to share some altered art using an embroidery hoop and the beautiful Sunshine Bliss papers to make a decoration perfect for any home.


There are lots of layers to this project, I started with Sunshine Bliss as my base, roughly cutting it to size and then I used some of the orange Vicki Boutin stamp ink from set 2 and teamed this with the Fanciful Flourishes stamps.  I added some Blush Glitter Paste using the Lots of Love Stickable Stencil and then set to work on the embellishments.


I find the easiest way to stitch words is to print out the phrase in your font and attach it to the paper using some washi tape.


Then using a foam base pin prick the words through the paper.  Once this is done the stitching is easy - I used 3 strands of embroidery thread.



I used lots of blossoms using some from Buttercup Bouquet and some from Natural Earth and Buttercup  Dahlia, and I added punched leaves from the Serene paper.  I added a few more words using the new Expression Stamps and mixed up the colours with the Vicki Boutin inks - I trimmed the print so I could add it amongst my flowers - the phrases in this set are beautiful.


I also added a few die-cuts - here you can see the Sweet Heart and Darling Doily dies as well as one of the elements from the layered chipboard.  Again I replicated the glitter paste and a little bit of stamping on this side of the hoop too.

I hope you've enjoyed the hoop, they make a great gift!

Katherine

BoBunny Supplies

Papers: Sunshine Bliss - Sunshine Bliss, Serene, Felicity and Charm.
Layered Chipboard: Sunshine Bliss
Dies: Darling Doily and Sweet Heart
Blossoms: Buttercup Dahlias, Natural Earth Dahlias and Buttercup Bouquet
Stamps: Fanciful Flourishes and Expressions
Inks: Vicki Boutin Set 1
Wood Shapes: Birdcages
Jewels: Citrus

3 comments: