Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Mixed Media Cards with Katherine

Hello everyone!

Katherine here with a host of mixed media cards from Little Wonders and Sunshine Bliss.

Here they are all together - I had lots of fun with the die cuts and also some of the new stamps and inks.  I'll take you through all the cards.


On this card I had a play with Vicki Boutin's Set 1 ink set and the Traveler Stamp set.  I used the inks and stamps to create my own background paper - using the mint green, which is quite a pale color and the large compass stamp.  I then stamped another compass in the navy blue and the phrase "not all who wander are lost" in the turquoise blue.  Whilst the ink was drying I used the picture and chose some of the papers from the Little Wonders collection to use - you can see Elliot and Max.


I added some of the copper foiled star rub ons to add a little more sparkle, and coloured the stones with the Sugar and Frost mists.  I also tucked in gems, sparkly thread and a few sequins to add even more interest.


My next card started with the Dream Big frame from the Noteworthy collection in Sunshine Bliss, I then had a play with the Portrait Frames and Darling Doily dies, adding my layers on foam pads.  I used the Fanciful Flourishes stickable stencil and blush glitter paste, then layered up all my die cuts, adding some of the Think Pink gems and one of the Wood Shape Birdcages.



I was enjoying playing with all the cards and papers that I made another card too using some of my left-over die cuts.  The phrase on the Happiness paper really caught my eye, so I made this the focal point and then layered lots of the other papers behind, as well as a layer of the trellis die.  This is a fab little die - I cut it up so you couldn't see the square shape that it comes in and then added little pearls to each area where it crosses - I think this looks really effective.  


I thought I would leave you with this phrase.

Katherine

BoBunny Supplies
Papers: Sunshine Biss - Sunshine Bliss, Charm, Cheerful, Delight, Happiness, Inspiration and Joy
             Little Wonders - Elliot and Max
Dies: Darling Doily, 4 by 4 Portrait Frames, Trellis and Picture This
Jewels: Think Pink and Blue Hues
Noteworthy: Sunshine Bliss
Wood Shapes: Birdcages
Stamps: Traveler Stamp
Inks: Vicki Boutin Set 1
Stickable Stencil: Flourishes
Glitter Paste: Blush
Confetti Paste: Silver


No comments:

Post a Comment