Saturday, September 1, 2018

Summer Mood Scrapbook Page with Katherine Sutton

Hello everyone, Katherine here with a new page using Summer Mood and a look at how I made the stitched banners on this page.

Having just got back from our Summer Holidays this was the perfect collection to pull out and scrap my beach photos - I love how the blues tone with the colours in the sea.


I started my page with some white gesso to protect the white card stock and allow me to add the watercolour without the paper pilling - it also gives you a bit more time to move the paint around.  I choose colours from the collection and started with yellows and then flicks of the cerise pink and aqua.

I love the look of the oversized titles that are around at the moment and the WRMK mini alphabet punch was perfect for this job, I then mounted my letters on some Fresh Squeezed 6" paper, the black makes the yellow really pop.


I made the little banners choosing a selection of papers from the 6" paper pad, then I cut some 1" squares and created the banners by eye.  I  stitched them together, letting the machine run for a few stitches in-between me adding a new triangle - it's a really nice way to add some stitched detail to a layout and really easy to do.


To make my banner and mounts stand out a little more I added some black doodle lines using a gel pen - to co-ordinate with the doodle black paper.


I also cut out a few of the elements, I love the retro typewriter, and the little word stickers that are in the collection.


I hope you've enjoyed a little trip around the elements on my page, here is a list of all the different supplies I used.

BoBunny Supplies

Patterned Paper: Summer Mood - Happiness, Spontaneous, Perfection, Sweet and Beat the Heat
Card Stock: American Crafts white
6" Pad: Summer Mood
Stickers: Summer Mood
3D Chipboard: Summer Mood
Jewels: Think Pink, Citrus, Aqua
Tools: WRMK Mini Alphabet Punch
Paint: White Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment