Monday, November 12, 2018

Mini Albums: Squash Album with Katherine

Hello BoBunny fans, I want to share a squash album that I made use the Something Splendid papers.
I have to say that it was really hard to photograph the album as it ends up really long, but they are such fun to make and really quite easy.  I will talk you through the basic steps in my post.

I used 3 sheets of black yardstick and then most of the papers are from the 6" paper pad in this collection, though you could cut down the larger papers to fit.  You end up with four 6" squares  and 12 triangles (or six 6" squares cut in half).


Start by folding your card stock on the diagonal, make a really nice and crisp fold.

Turn over the card stock and then score at 6" on both edges to get this shape.
You need to do this 3 times.

When you come to assemble the album add tape on ones of the squares as shown, notice the central crease is a mountain fold, when you join the next piece of 12" card stock you need to have the paper the other way up, so a valley fold down the centre, then the last piece has a mountain fold.


Stick them together as above - you will notice that I hadn't done my folding correctly and the 2nd piece has mountain folds too - I just made sure the fold went the other way when I finished my book.
Add the final piece and then fold your book up, the triangular folds on the first piece of card stock go in, on the second piece go out and 3rd piece go in and it all folds into a 6" square.


I decorated my front cover with some off cuts from the main part of my book as well as the beautiful thickers that go with this collection.  A couple of lines of gems and a piece of layered chipboard finished it off for me.


I layered up lots of pieces from the 6" pad as they all co-ordinate beautifully, I then cut out journal cards and added gems and pearlescents to further decorate my book.
 Here are a couple more photos to show you the paper layers and other embellishments that I used for my album.

I hope it has inspired you to have a go at creating one of these really fun albums - you could start with 2 pages, then make them larger, you could make the album smaller and use 8" or 6" papers - they are really adaptable.

BoBunny Supplies:

Papers - Something Splendid
6" paper pad - Something Splendid
Stickers - Something Splendid
Pearlescents - gold, sugar and butterscotch
Jewels - Blue hues
Layered Chipboard - Something Splendid
Thickers - Something Splendid
Card Stock - Black




4 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! It would be great to see it done in a video - I'm one who has a hard time unless I can see something as it's being created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it I am going to give it a try. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read all these very clear instructions, so thanks Katherine (as always). I am definitely going to give it a go now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a mini album like this a long time ago, but lost the instructions. Thank you for this. Going to enjoy making another xx

    ReplyDelete