Saturday, December 1, 2018

Christmas in the Village Layout with Katherine

Hello everyone, I have a wintry page to share with you using Christmas in the Village.  
Where I live we don't get snow that often and it only lasts for a few days - which is probably why I love those days and it's a special treat to go sledging and play with the kids, so I wanted to celebrate that magical moment of snow fall around Christmas.
I love the little Dutch houses in this collection, and to add a little more dimension I used 2 sheets of the Christmas in the Village paper, cutting out the houses and the lamp post again and adding it on foam pads. 

I started the page with some stencilling and silver glitter paste, the stickable stencils make for really clear and crisp images - I used Winter Fun.  Once that was dry I added some gauze over the houses and lamp post - this was to make it feel like a soft layer of snow sandwiched between my 2 layers of houses and lamp posts.  I added a glittery edge to the  fussy cut houses and lamp post - I took a brush at almost a right angle to the paper and brushed so you just got a glittery line around the edge - again you don't need lots of paste on your brush as the paste is packed with glitter.  


I loved the effect so much that I used it on all the Noteworthy pieces I had chosen too, then went in with just a little more glitter over the snowy areas as well.  Once it was all dry I started to assemble my page.  I used lots of foam pads to raise the houses and lamppost up.  I then added some more silver glitter to the gauze and anywhere else I felt needed it!

I echoed all these elements with my photo - edging the papers with glitter and adding some gauze.


Here you can see the crisp stencilling that you get with the stickable stencils as well as some of that glittered edge.


I layered up the pieces of Noteworthy - I like that in this collection you get the tree in 3 different sizes so you have lots of options.


I think the little houses are just beautiful, glittered and layered.


Here you can see my houses layered at the bottom of the page with that gauze and glitter sandwich.  My cutting is not perfect, but with a little glitter on the edge it hides any imperfections.

BoBunny Products
Papers: Christmas in the Village - Christmas in the Village, Noel and Yule
Noteworthy: Christmas in the Village
Glitter Paste: Silver
Stickable Stencil: Winter Fun
Thickers: Patio Party

No comments:

Post a Comment