Friday, July 27, 2012

Field Trip Friday

Who remembers what field trip Friday is???
In case you forgot, I'll remind you...
This is when the girls think outside that proverbial box 
and meander into unknown territory.

Check it out:

Happy Girls
by: Sarah Eclavea
 Sarah says: "One thing I never do is stamp! So for this field trip Friday I got out my stamps. I stamped a hexagon border around the cream paper directly on my layout. I also stamped the birdcage and birds on paper and cut them out to adhere on my layout."
 Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Brenna, Allie, Dorothy, Gracie, Cut outs/ Little Miss
Stickers: 12x12 Combo Sticker, Dimensional Stickers, Sweet Girl/ Little Miss
Stamps: Hello Sunshine and Little Miss
Jewels: Little Miss
Buttons: Little Miss 

Grattis/congratulations
Mahlin Wiggur
 Mahlin says: "Making card is really not my cup of the, but making cards AND stamping is so far away from my comfort zone, but I think It turned out well. I stayed with the color combo I trust so that might have helped."

 Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper:Fireflies, Dot/Camp-A-Lot
Cardstock: Double Dot in Aquamarine Dot and Orange Citrus Dot
Clearstamps: Camp-A-Lot
Jewels: Hello Sunshine
Buttons: Camp-A-Lot
Chipboard: Hello Sunshine 12 x 12
Petals: Hello Sunshine, Camp-A.Lot 

Racoon Card
by: Mahlin's son
(she says "and my son wanted to make a card of his own..)
 SO ADORABLE!!!

Beach Sign
by: Julie Tucker-Wolek
 Julie says: "I love the concept of Field Trip Friday! A year ago, you could have told me to make a card, and I would have laughed at you! I was NOT a card maker! Couldn't fathom working on something that small! lol! Now, I make cards and everything else in between. When I thought about this challenge, I thought, what haven't I done? What will stretch my artistic side? And the answer came pretty easily, make something altered with a wood base! I have walked through local craft stores, always admiring the bare wood home decor items, but NEVER bought one! I never could get the nerve to do one! I can alter ANYTHING, but these items always evaded me. So I decided to buy TWO items for this challenge from my craft store and alter them with the beautiful Bo Bunny papers!"
Supplies used:
Paper: Hello Sunshine Breezy, stripe, 6x6
Jewels: Hello Sunshine
Petals: Hello Sunshine
Stickers: Hello Sunshine dimensional 
Buttons: Hello Sunshine 

Designer Tip: When altering wood items, I suggest painting them first! That way any items you don't cover in paper will still have color that will work with your theme!  


Welcome Oar
by: Julie Tucker-Wolek

"Next, I have a wooden oar I bought and used the ever FUN Camp-A-Lot papers on! This was so much fun to make! I painted it yellow, and then found out that Bo Bunny's rub-ons work PERFECTLY on wood!!"
 Designer Tip:
Using rub-ons on wood is even easier than paper! If the wood is smooth (and mine was, even before painting it), then just hold the rub-ons just like you do for paper and rub them on! Easy peasy and they look awesome on the wood!
Supplies:
Paper: Camp-A-Lot Fireflies, in the woods, leaves 6x6 pad
Rub ons: Camp-a-lot


Awesome projects right???  Now it's your turn to do something you would not normally do.
Make sure to visit us on facebook and pinterest and share your creations with us.
You guys are the VERY BEST EVER!!!!

12 comments:

  1. You did al a splendid job, even outside your comfortbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the creatiosn just amazing!! that beach sign is sooooooooo cute I love the flip flops!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...just wonderful projects! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card by the little boy. My son contributed to my layout this week with heavy pencil and was so pleased with himself. Kids love doing what we do and I just love this little mans card. Well done mate. And I do love Mahlin's card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonia.. aw.. my son, who is 4, is so excited to see his card on the internet.. ;) and even more excited that people actually commented on it .. so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez... these were all so good - I'd never know you rarely or never do them ladies. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all awesome and Mahlin...love your sons card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fabulous ... but Mahlin's sons card is just soooooooooooooo cute!! I loveeeeeeeeee it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job girls.
    Mahlin please tell your son that he did a fantastic job. His card is adorable xxx Jolan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great outside the normal box projects. You girls are talented in so many different types of projects and styles!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete