Friday, May 10, 2013

Scraplift Style Swap!

Sandy Toes and Salty Kisses 
by Lynn Shokoples


For this layout I didn't step out of my comfort zone, I leaped!
My first challenge was scraplifting a layout from Laurie Lariviere, a very sweet friend of mine and a very talented artist.
I also challenge myself to use bright colors, where I tend to use more earth tones in my projects. Secondly I love to layer and I held back on this one! And no inking all the edges, that was a first for me!!
It was fun to jump out my comfort zone and try a new style! Here is the link to Laurie's layout 


Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Heat Wave, 6x6 Paper Pad / Key Lime, Yellow Dot Cardstock
Chipboard: 12x12 Chipboard/ Key Lime
Stickers: Combo Stickers/ Key LimeBo Bunny Supplies:
Noteworthy: Key Lime
Blossoms: Denim Blue Zinnia


Limited
Romy Veul

My lay-out isn't really a lift of someone in particular. I have been seeing a lot of stamping and use of mixed media on backgrounds lately. Usually I am a little afraid to not keep my papers as they are, but for this assignment I tried to 'let go' and did some random stamping and gessoing on the background and some more rough distressing on the edges of my papers. 

Bo Bunny supply list:
Patterned paper: Celebration, Country, History, Legacy/ Anthem
6 x 6 paper pad: Anthem
Stickers: Anthem Combo Sticker
Chipboard: Anthem Layered Chipboard Stickers, Anthem 12 x 12 Chipboard
Brads: Anthem
Notewothy: Anthem
Stamps: Distressed Textures Stamps

Designer Note: I titled my lay-out 'limited edition' because this photo is pretty much a 'limited edition'. My brother would do everything to not have their photo taken. This spontaneous photo that I took of him is a very rare one.


And It's finally here! The Shopping List for May's class that will for sure be starting on Monday! I know y'all were worried!




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful job ladies! Lynn, I absolutely love every bit used on your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds neat. Love the "surprise" class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!!! LOVING their lifts!! And can't wait for the monthly class!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pages are great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you girls do some lifting too from time to time. I love watching Gabrielle's blog, it's inspiring. Romy, well done on the stamping. I like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire the bravery of stepping outside of your comfort zone in such a public way! Well done both Romy and Lynn!

    ReplyDelete