Saturday, January 25, 2014

Blossoms Journal Cover, Home Decor and Fashion Accessories

This is our final day of BoBunny Blossoms Week and we hope you have been inspired by all of the projects our talented Design Team has shared with you. After reviewing the week, it is incredible how many different types of projects and crafts they can be used for. Today is no exception! Gabi, Maria and Agnieszka will surely inspire you with the variety of projects they have created and share here today!

Vintage Journal Cover by Gabrielle Pollacco



I've been wanting to create a soft vintage style journal cover for ages now! To create my book design above I chose blooms in the pink and natural colors from the gorgeous Bo Bunny blooms. I thought the subtle colors would work well for this style book. I wanted to have the cover have a nice fabric feel to it so I also incorporated the new pleated canvas strips as well from the Kraft collections. Here is a view of the book opened so you can see front and back.


I kept the back very simple with just a little stitching, because the back of it needs to sit flat. Here are a few close-ups of the cover.


For the creamy, earth tone, large bloom I used a touch of pink paint to give the flower a two-toned look. After gluing down the blooms, I brushed all the blooms lightly with white to give them a more aged look.


I used Bo Bunny Vintage dot (Decaf) paper to make my heart design. I added some machine stitching to give the paper a fabric look.


I added some pearl strands, ribbons and lace to the spine to finish the book design.

Bo Bunny Supplies:
Blossoms: Natural Earth Bouquet, Blush Bouquet, Natural Earth Dahlia, Natural Earth Daisy, Natural Earth Zinnia
Essentials: Kraft Canvas Pleated Lace
Double Dot Cardstock: Decaf in Vintage Dot


Home Decor "Star" by Maria Potapovich (mellpellmell)



I recently bought a bed. It was packaged in cardboard and I did not want to throw the packaging away, so I recycled it and used it to create this home decor piece.


I used a combination of patterned paper, paint, ink, and flowers to decorate the cardboard.


Then I added gold lace to provide a little bling to this "Star".



BoBunny Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Chorus/Elf Magic
Stamps: Autumn Song
Blossoms: Denim Blue Pansy
Jewels: Zip-A-Dee-Doodle, Silver and Gold


Blossoms Headband by Agnieszka Bellaidea



A headband is one of the easiest accessories you can make. You can start creating your own or you can decorate old ones you already have. By adding Bo Bunny's Blossoms can give it a new look or easily match your dress. Use hot glue to attach the Blossom, so that it does not fall off when you are dancing.

BoBunny Supplies:
Blossoms: Natural Earth Zinnia


Blossoms Bracelet by Agnieszka Bellaidea



A bracelet can be a nice, shabby addition to any summer dress. When I have extra flowers left over from a package, I keep them to use on other projects. I made this bracelet for my daughter and I'm hoping she wear it with a white dresses this summer. I added gesso and mini glass beads to make my flower more shabby.

BoBunny Supplies:
Blossoms: Denim Blue Zinnia


Blossoms Shoe Decor by Agnieszka Bellaidea



You can also use BoBunny Blossoms to decorate your handbags or shoes. I used 2 Wildberry Daisy Blossoms to customize a pair of my dress shoes. I applied gesso and mist in pearl black. With the help of gesso, mists and paint you can easily transform and customize the Blossoms. You can even make two flowers in different colors match, or if you get bored with your original color choice, you can easily change them. Again, use hot glue to adhere the Blossoms to your shoes, just be careful that you don't damage your shoe. 

BoBunny Supplies:
Blossoms: Wildberry Daisy

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects!!! Loving all the sweet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm completely blown away! Such gorgeous flower projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blossoms, recycling and high fashion - who could ask for more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nunca usei as flores da Bo Bunny com muita pena minha. Como sou dos Azoes-Portugal é difícil encontrar material cá. Já encomendei de fora material da marca mas estou a aguardar ansiosamente o correio que teima em não passar. Adoro os vossos papeis e as coleções em geral. Beijinhos grandes dos Açores (ilha de São Jorge).

    ReplyDelete