Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Mix and Match Cards

Rhonda wants to know what your favorite BoBunny collections are to match! Send us some suggestions and we will pass that on to our designers as a challenge!

Rhonda enjoyed mixing some fabulous BoBunny collections. Can you name them before looking at the supply list?

Be Awesome Today Card by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Be Awesome Today Card by Rhonda Van Ginkel using Primrose and Madeleine BoBunny Collections

Today's assignment is to mix and match our collections which is always so much fun to do! I decided to work with the gorgeous new Madeleine collection and paired it with Primrose and a touch of The Avenues.  

For the base of my card I select the Double Dot Passion Fruit Journal paper, then created a layer with the brown side of the Primrose Smile paper. Next I used the Brocade Stickable Stencil and our Glitter Paste in Silver to create my custom background. 

Be Awesome Today Card by Rhonda Van Ginkel using Primrose and Madeleine BoBunny Collections

The 4" Doily is misted with our Glimmer Spray in Sugar. I love the gentle and pretty look of the glitter and the glimmer products combined. A few cuts from a die were done to create the green flourishes.

To help anchor my layers, I used one of the Misc Me 3x4 Journal Cards. The flower elements on my card are Noteworthy pieces from Madeleine. I've embellished the pink rose on the right with a few slight touches of Pearlescents in Blush.  The sentiment block and butterfly are from the Primrose Noteworthy pack. 

Be Awesome Today Card by Rhonda Van Ginkel using Primrose and Madeleine BoBunny Collections

I layered a piece of Tulle behind the sentiment block to soften the look and add texture and interest. To pleat it I used a small stapler. The tag on the top is actually part of my flag on the bottom that I cut apart.  

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Primrose / Smile; Madeleine / Madeleine, Stripe; The Avenues / Courtyard
Noteworthy: Primrose, Madeleine
Misc Me: Primrose 4x6 and 3x4 Journal Pack
Double Dot: Passion Fruit Journal
Jewels: Primrose
Doilies: 4" Small
Stickers: Primrose Combo Sticker
Glimmer Spray: Sugar
Glitter Paste: Silver
Pearlescents: Blush
Stickable Stencils: Brocade





Joy Christmas Card by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Joy Christmas Card by Rhonda Van Ginkel featuring Candy Cane Lane and Christmas Collage Collections by BoBunny

For this card, I wanted to work with our new holiday collections. I created this using the new Christmas Collage and Candy Cane Lane collections. I wanted to have some fun with the whimsical elements of the collections.  Don't you just love that snowman?!!

I created my A2 card base from the Jack Frost paper, followed by a layer of Yuletide. Once adhered, I used the "It Is Written" stamp with our Licorice Ink Pad and new Stamp Blocks.

Joy Christmas Card by Rhonda Van Ginkel featuring Candy Cane Lane and Christmas Collage Collections by BoBunny

You'll see that I used up a number of scraps here by layering strips that I've torn, then softened the overall look with a very light dry brushing of gesso on them. It helped coordinate the colors. The Joy tab is anchored with a bit of Primrose Combo Sticker.

My other absolute favorite new embellishment is the Adhesive Film Strip. There is such a timeless charm with it, you really must give it a try!

What are some of your favorite BoBunny collections to mix and match?


BoBunny Supplies
Patterned Paper: Christmas Collage / Yuletide, Caroling; Candy Cane Lane / Jack Frost; Madeleine / Charm
Noteworthy: Candy Cane Lane, Christmas Collage
Chipboard: Candy Cane Lane
Jewels: Primrose
Stickers: Primrose Combo Stickers
Adhesive Film Strip: Christmas Collage
Noteworthy: Candy Cane Lane, Christmas Collage
Pearlescents: Chocolate
Stamps: It Is Written
Ink Pad: Licorice
Stamp Block Set


2 comments:

  1. These two mix and match are just gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Rhonda. I love seeing all the fun things you can do with the new products.

    ReplyDelete