Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fabulous Flutter Die Tutorial!



Be You by Gabrielle Pollacco
Be You by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny's Garden Journal papers and embellishments along with their new dies, Glitter pastes, Stencils and Shimmer Sprays

Did you know that Bo Bunny now has metal dies that can help you create intricate and beautiful accents for your scrapbook pages and craft projects?  Today I made up this scrapbook page using the new Garden Journal paper collection and used a variety of the new dies, including my favorite new butterfly design to create accents and embellishments that help give a light, airy feel to the page. Here is a video tutorial I made up to show step by step how this page was made, including a really fun technique when cutting your dies that help release the paper from the die quickly and easily. Enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed this video tutorial and will feel inspired to try out some of Bo Bunny's new dies and mixed media products.  Here are a few close-ups you can view at your leisure...

Be You by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny's Garden Journal papers and embellishments along with their new dies, Glitter pastes, Stencils and Shimmer Sprays

One of the tips I shared in this video is how you get the cardstock to release from the die in a quick and easy way.  I don't know the science behind it but it works beautifully.  I found this tip on Pinterest, and the basic idea is to sandwich your cardstock between a layer of wax paper and a layer of dryer sheet (yep, those pretty smelling little sheets you throw in your dryer, a fabric softener sheet).  So basically you have your die, the next layer is a piece of wax paper, then your cardstock piece, then a dryer sheet.  Then the piece of plastic that you use with your die cutting machine (I used the Quickutz Revolution for mine).  Just roll it through like you usually do, when you pull it out, the cardstock piece releases very easily from the die, and the tiny bits and pieces with pretty much fall out of the intricate little cuts.  I didn't have to use any tools to poke out my bits, they just fell out as I ran my fingers over the piece!

Be You by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny's Garden Journal papers and embellishments along with their new dies, Glitter pastes, Stencils and Shimmer Sprays

I also used one of the awesome NEW stickable stencils called Love on this page.  I took the clock design and using a palette knife laid down a thick layer of NEW Blush Glitter Paste to add this shimmery design to the background of my photo cluster.  I also used the Blush and Sugar Glitter Pastes on my Flutter die cut pieces to create these little butterfly accents for my page.

Be You by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny's Garden Journal papers and embellishments along with their new dies, Glitter pastes, Stencils and Shimmer Sprays

For my floral accent on this page, I combined the coordinating chipboard pieces for the Garden Journal collection with a Bo Bunny Daisy Blossom from the Blush packet.  I made a quick fun little nest using some Spanish Moss and a chipboard egg design from the coordinating chipboard for Garden Journal collection.

Bo Bunny Product used in this project:
Patterned Paper: Garden Journal/Sketch, Wonder
6x6 paper pad: Garden Journal 
Sticker Sheet/Garden Journal
Chipboard/Garden Journal
Glitter Paste: Sugar, Blush
Stickable Stencil: Love
Dies: Flutter Dies, Ornate Frame, Lattice Frame
Glimmer Spray: Bronze 
Blossoms: Blush Daisy
Wood accents: Iron Works

Thanks for stopping by the Bo Bunny blog today, we hope you are inspired to include some intricate and pretty die cuts in your scrapping projects!

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful,everything about this is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous and so very creative!! Love it.
    Abbygirlsb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is absolutely gorgeous! Such a beautiful picture of the little girl also. I love all of the different elements that you used on this page and the new dies, stencils and glitter pastes are on my must have list! I have become obsessed with all things Bo Bunny lately and cannot wait to get my hands on sooooooooooo many of their products! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, I love all the various textures/colors.

    ReplyDelete