Sunday, June 7, 2015

High Tea Party!


When my girlfriends come over for lunch, I like to treat them to something special. The next time we get together, it will be for a High Tea, and they will each leave with a goodie bag. The Juliet collection was the perfect choice for my project. Warm and elegant with a bit of sweetness.

High Tea Gift Bags

High tea gift bags by Lisa Gregory. Bo Bunny using the Juliet collection

I started with a plain small bag that I found in the party section of my local craft store. I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad over the front of the bag, then added a strip of die-cut from the Elegant Border down the middle, then  added a journaling card and popped it up a bit with some pop dots. After I wrapped the cookies in a clear cellophane bag, I tied it with ribbon and added the tag that I punched from Nostalgia paper and topped with a button. I then tucked the cookies into the bag.

High tea gift bags by Lisa Gregory. Bo Bunny using the Juliet collectionHigh tea gift bags by Lisa Gregory. Bo Bunny using the Juliet collection

 I added a small doily over the flap, then added die cut rosettes in the middle.I topped the middle of the rosette with a jewel, then tied a ribbon over the flap to keep the bag shut.

High tea gift bags by Lisa Gregory. Bo Bunny using the Juliet collection
 For a special touch, I removed  the tea bags from their original wrapper and created my own wrapper from the patterned paper. I just traced the original wrapper onto my patterned paper and cut it out and followed the fold lines.  I topped it with an Elegant Border die cut and added the hang tag to the tea bag itself. I just tucked the tea bag into it's new sleeve.

High tea gift bags by Lisa Gregory. Bo Bunny using the Juliet collection

 I really enjoyed creating these gift bags. With so many beautiful and fun BoBunny collections, I hope you are inspired to create your own. They were super easy to put together.

High tea gift bags by Lisa Gregory. Bo Bunny using the Juliet collection

 BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned paper: Nostalgia/Juliet
Buttons: Juliet
Doilies: small
MiscMe Journaling Cards: Juliet
Craft Dies: Elegant Border
6x6 paper pad: Juliet
Jewels: Double Dot Mocha

3 comments:

  1. I'm ALWAYS ready for High Tea, it is the most pleasant way to spend an afternoon ever. Super cute bags.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Lisa! I'm up for some tea and cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete