Friday, August 25, 2017

Family Recipes-Cards, Cards, Cards! With Katherine


Hi BoBunny Fans,

Katherine here and today I am sharing some cards that I made using the new Family Recipes collection.

cards by Katherine Sutton using Family Recipes by BoBunny

Here are the cards all together, I used the 6" Family Recipes pad for all of the cards as I love the smaller sized designs for 6 by 4" cards.


cards by Katherine Sutton using Family Recipes by BoBunny

For this card I started with the Bon Appetit paper for my background and then added a little area of thick Gesso in the centre with a palette knife.  Whilst that was drying I then curled some strips from the Thyme paper, and matted and layered my sentiment.  I cut out some oven gloves from the 6" paper Pantry - they are the perfect size for cards!  I added wire behind them so I could hang them from my the central sentiment.  As a finishing touch I used the frame from the Congratulations die set.

cards by Katherine Sutton using Family Recipes by BoBunny

For my next card I started off by layering up the Cuisine and Thyme papers as well as making my own tag.  I added some stamping using the circle stamp from the Doodles Stamp set with gold embossing powder.  I then added lace and my tag.  The next layer was the Tick-Tock die-cut.  This dies has really fine detail and it cuts beautifully.  In the centre of the clock I added a yellow pansy, then for a little more glamour, some 3D balls and some of the beautiful Confetti paste in Gold.


cards by Katherine Sutton using Family Recipes by BoBunny

Here you can see the Doodles stamp and Confetti Paste.  I love how the chunkiness of  the Confetti  Paste stands out and catches the eye.

cards by Katherine Sutton using Family Recipes by BoBunny

For my final card, I used the Mandala die as the central element - I layered it up and trimmed it to fit. I used the long Happy Birthday sentiment and cut it in two, then layered some thick weave burlap behind it and also circled it with wire.  I added some Rich Gold Metallic Glamour Acrylic to both the fabric and metal and it took really well.  A little bit of bunting and some more confetti paste and my card was done.

BoBunny Supplies:

6 x ^ Paper Pad: Family Recipes

Papers: Kiss the Cook - Baked Fresh

Stamps: Sentiments and Doodles

Dies: Mandala, Tick Tock and Congratulations Card Die

Glitter Paste: Gold Confetti

Glimmer Spray: Bronze and Gold

Double Dot: Berry Red, Orange and Cream Chevron

Blossoms: Natural Earth Pansy



Pentart Supplies

Acrylic: Rich Gold Metallic Glamour Paint

White Gesso



No comments:

Post a Comment