Monday, August 28, 2017

Garden Party and Mixed Media-Color Matching Techniques with Rhonda

Garden Party and Mixed Media Scrapbook Page by Rhonda Van Ginkel

BoBunny Scrapbook Page featuring Garden Party and Mixed Media designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

It's Rhonda here today to share with you my a project featuring the all new Garden Party collection along with some of our mixed media products. I'll have a brief technique video for you at the end to show you how I applied some of these products to our Laser Cut Chipboard for color matching.

BoBunny Scrapbook Page featuring Garden Party and Mixed Media designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

I created a collage of photos that coordinated nicely to the color scheme of the collection and matted it. Under the bottom of the mat I added a few cuts of the grass from the Bike Ride Dies set. Next, I cut out the elements from the Love Story paper.  I selected the Elegant paper for my background and the Fragrant paper for the brick layer. To size it, I simply placed a ruler along the edge and tore it, then finished it up with some piercing.

BoBunny Scrapbook Page featuring Garden Party and Mixed Media designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

I determined my photo placement, then added the Royal stencil and applied Pentart Stencil Paste in Vanilla and Silver . I like to blend the colors for interest. I followed that up with some Glimmer Spray splatters in Bronze, Sugar, Gold and Mint.

BoBunny Scrapbook Page featuring Garden Party and Mixed Media designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

While the splatters and paste were drying, I cut several die cut pieces and set them aside. The effect I was trying to achieve is a collage in the general shape of a car. It's very subtle, but you can see that I selected a few circle shaped cuts as "wheels" and a few other shapes for the front end.

BoBunny Scrapbook Page featuring Garden Party and Mixed Media designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Here I took several pieces and layered them in an unexpected way. The chandelier is upside down for added whimsy.

Since the photos here are of an unusual nature, I wanted to design my page in a fun way, but using a pretty collection. I love how the colors really work so well.  Here is a brief video to show you how I customized my Laser Cut Chipboard so that it coordinated with my page:




BoBunny Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Love Story, Lush, Celebrate, Elegant, Enchanted, Fragrant, Serenity,  / Garden Party

6x6 Paper Pad / Garden Party

DoubleDot: 12" Sweet Pear Vintage

DoubleDot Jewels: Mocha

Ephemera Pack / Garden Party

Laser Cut Chipboard: Foliage

Dies: 3x4 Ornate Frame Die, Nested Banner Dies, Ornate Heart Die, Picture This Die and Darling Doily Die, Bike Ride Dies and Fanciful Dies

Stencils: Royal Stencils

Stamps: It Is Written and Distressed Textures

Washi Tape: Black and White Patterned Washi Tape

Glimmer Spray: Bronze, Frost, Gold, Mint and Sugar

Gesso: White



Pentart Supplies:

Chameleon Wax Paste

Delicate Metallic Acrylic Paint - Greenish Silver

Stencil Paste: Silver and Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment