Saturday, November 4, 2017

Christmas Cards Galore! FaLaLa with Katherine


Hi BoBunny fans, it is getting to that time of year where we all start to think about Christmas cards and the Falala collection is perfect for them.

Katherine Sutton: Falala Christmas Cards



I have created lots of different cards, and all of them are easy to put together, Falala has some beautiful elements you can cut out, and I have teamed this with some BoBunny stamps.

For the first card I stamped my snowman (Holly Jolly stamp set) and then coloured in his ear muffs with some watered down Pentart Red Creamy Acrylic, adding a little bit of the Sugar Glitter Paste to his body to add some sparkle.  I used one of the journal cards in Falala to create a wintry background and used some of the Silver Metallic Stencil Paste to add a couple more snowflakes.  I die cut Merry Christmas (Christmas Card dies), added some ribbon and more layers of paper from the 6" FaLaLa pad and it was ready to go.

For Joy to the World I used the beautiful Christmas Card die set, I love the snowflake frame and the journal card fit it perfectly.  I added some Sugar Pearlescent dots around the edge of the journal card and Glitter Paste to the snowflakes and it was complete.



Here you can see some of the glitter paste and stencil paste up close.



I used the navy's in the pack for my next card, and cut out the tag and baubles from the noteworthy sheet.  Lots of layering and a few gold pearlescent drops, a bit more glitter paste on the bulbs and it was done.



Here is a close up of the tag, I added some gems to the centres of the flowers and for the berries.



I couldn't stop there as I have seen some beautiful videos on media inks and after my experiment with the pouring paint technique, I wanted to have a go at creating some backgrounds.

I used some glossy photo paper, and then added a mix of the inks (Hollyhock and bronze for the first card and Egyptian blue and bronze for the second), swiping a brush across the page in a diagonal direction.  Once the backgrounds were dry I stamped and used die-cuts to decorate them.




I also played with some backgrounds where I created puddles of media ink (Blues: Egyptian Blue, grape leaf and jade, for the reds - hollyhock and bronze) and then used some of the media ink dilutent to lighten areas.  I used areas of these backgrounds with the circular textures stamps to make baubles.



Here you can see the media ink backgrounds and the stamps up close.



My final card was using the backgrounds with the Russian dolls from the Feeling Festive stamp set, teamed up with some of the papers from Falala.

Hopefully I have given you lots of ideas for some fairly quick cards to make!



BoBunny Supplies:

Patterend Paper: Falala - Noteworthy

6 x 6 Paper Pad: Falala

Double Dot: Wild Berry

Stamps: Feeling Festive, Holly Jolly, Doodle Frames, Circular Textures

Pearlescents: Sugar and gold

Dies: Christmas Card

Jewels: Double Dot: Citrus and Ruby Red

Stencils: Winter Fun

Glitter Paste: sugar and ruby red



Pentart:

Media Inks: Egyptian Blue, Grape Lead, Jade, Bronze and Hollyhock, diluent

Acrylic: Red

Stencil Paste: silver





3 comments: