Friday, February 2, 2018

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue . . . a Valentine Pop-Up Card featuring Only You with Katherine


Hello, Katherine here, I wanted to share a heart filled version of these Pop-Up box cards. You will love these fantastic cards since they fold flat to post, and then pop up and look beautiful on your shelf.   I used the Only You papers for my valentine/love themed cards.


 I started with Wine Vintage Dot as my base, I trimmed it to be 6" by 12", then scored vertically at 2 3/4", 5 1/2" and 8 1/4" and 11" (the one inch section at the end is the flap to seal the box together.  I then twisted the paper round and scored at 2 3/4" all the way along.


I used my Ornate Heart die as a template for the back, and drew around it, then made cuts down on a diagonal for the box to open out.



Inside the box I added some paper strips and used these it with flowers from the noteworthy paper plus another heart die cut.



I also added some jewels to the corners of the paper too and used one of the 3 by 4" journal cards to make the title for the card.



Another pastel version of the card made in a similar way, this time I used lots of punched hearts and then stuck them on acetate so they popped out of the box.  I again used a 3 by 4" card for the sentiment.



Here you can see all the punched hearts lined up together - the acetate works really well as an invisible support.

BoBunny Supplies:

Patterend Papers: Only You - Noteworthy, Always and Only You
6"Paper Pad: Only You
Double Dot: Vintage Wine and Chevron Sugar
Dies: Ornate Heart and Sweetheart
Jewels: Ruby Red


2 comments: