Thursday, May 3, 2018

"Live in the Sun" - Fabric Mini Album - featuring Summer Mood with Irit

Hello My Dear Crafty Friends! 

It's Irit here today and I am going to share a hand made fabric album made with a new and delicious Summer Mood BoBunny collection.


 "Live in the Sun" Fabric Album by Irit Shalom



Usually I don't make a lot of mini albums. It is time consuming and I don't have so many family photos to fill the whole album.  So this fabric album base was done a couple of years ago and was waiting for a nice paper collection to nicely coordinate with the fabric cover.  And, will be the perfect place to hold all the fun photos we take this summer of my dear grand kids!.   At this stage, it's without any photos.   I just added matting for the future photos to be added there.  Can't wait to start taking photos to fill it up this coming season.

Here is the front cover of the album:

I used one of  my BoBunny Ornate chipboard frames to start.  I trimmed it a bit so it would fit well over the album cover.  This collection has some black backgrounds and elements so I painted it with black acrylic paint for a dynamic accent.   Next, a few cardstock pieces were added inside the frame.
Then more cardstock pieces, die cut to be the higher layer and the pink die cut doily was added as another layer.   I finished with layered chipboard from this new collection as a title "Live in the Sun"





This is how this album looks from the top side.




 For more embellishments two painted wooden birdcages were added on the top.




The BoBunny flowers cluster was added on the lower corner and embellished with jewels.
Some combo stickers were added over the frame as the subtitle too.




And here, just to give a glimpse of what it looks like inside, the pages are ready with mats and ready for us to make some memories this summer!

 I really tried to keep the as flat as possible, so I kept the inside layers fairly minimal. That way I can load the book with photos of the fun things we do this summer and the bok will still close nicely

All pages were made in the similar way with one photo mat, stickers, washi tape. I added some sayings, swirly jewels with flowers and brads too.




















  I really hope that you like this project and look how easy this collection makes the whole summer album!   And if you don't make your own handmade albums you can easily recreate your pages in any album.

Thanks for dropping in today to see what we have on deck for new project ideas!  Come back and see us again!

Irit

BoBunny Supplies:
Summer Mood collection:
12''*12 '' cardstock: Mood Magic, Sweet, Wonderful, Lets' Go, Summer Mood, Perfection, Happiness, Dots
Summer Mood Combo Stickers
Summer Mood Layered chipboard
Square Ornate chipboard frame
Darling Doily die
Lovely Leaves dies
Congratulations card dies
Licorice jewels
Blush Zinnia flowers
Double dot Think Pink jewels
Buttercup Bouquet flowers
Birdcages wood shapes

American Crafts :
Sticky Thumb Solid adhesive runner
Sticky Thumb Adhesive foam dots


1 comment: