Thursday, May 17, 2018

Summer Mood Party Cards with Katherine

Hello everyone, it's Katherine with some really fun cascade cards, perfect for any party.  I've used a mixture of Summer Mood and also the Essential paper collection too.



I used a mixture of the Fly Away and Cupcakes dies, teaming them with Summer Mood and also lots of the colourful essentials papers to make a cascade card, that folds flat for posting but has a really nice dimensional element too.





I drew several circles on the double dot chevron papers choosing rainbow colours, I offset each circle slightly and in the final blue one cut a curve which meant that I could stick the rainbows diagonally across the cards.  I hid the ends of the rainbow in the little pockets that get created by the cascade folds.






Once my rainbows were on I then added lots of clouds and hot air balloons using the Summer Mood papers to add some more colour.  I used the Sentiments stamps for the title.






I love the ease and precision of the die cut pieces, perfectly cut out with tiny bits of intricate detail.






I had lots of fun cutting out cupcakes in various styles and colours, as well as lots of little candles to pack this card with some birthday celebration.  I alternated rows of candles and cakes, and then went back and added more cakes!





I added some sparkle to the top of the cakes with confetti paste and also transferred some of the waste from the cupcake star cake to the swirl cake topping.

I cut out some banners from the Beat the Heat paper and strung them across above my sentiment to create a colourful and packed birthday card that will hopefully brighten someone's day.

BoBunny Supplies:

Patterned Papers: Summer Mood - Beat the Heat, Dots, Let's Go, Perfection, Spontaneous

6" Paper Pad: Summer Mood

Dies: Fly Away and Cupcakes

Double Dot Damask - Passion Fruit and Orange Citrus

Confetti Paste: Gold

Stamps:Sentiments

No comments:

Post a Comment