Tuesday, August 7, 2018

DIY Multicolor Ombre Background with Angela

Hello dear crafty friends,
It's Angela here today with a couple of cards I enjoyed so much making. I used the Vicki Boutin Color Wheel Ink pads and the fun BoBunny Adventure Icons stamp set to create the multicolor background of my cards.

Escape_To_Paradise_Angela_August_01.jpg

Both the cards are based on the same sketch, the multicolor background, the sentiment and a few embellishments chosen from the Escape to Paradise collection. I kept them simple to let the background be the star.

Escape_To_Paradise_Angela_August_02.jpg

For one of the cards, I used the yellow-pink Color Wheel Inks and a few pink layered chipboards.
The sentiment is from the Positive Vibe stamp set and I stamped it the same way of the background, in yellow, orange and pink. Then, I framed it with one of the circle from the Doodle Circle Frame stamps which I modified from a circle shape to an oval shape simply pulling the stamp while I was adhering it to the acrylic block.

Escape_To_Paradise_Angela_August_03.jpg

In the second card I changed the color to the shade of blues and greens. Basically, my idea was to use the whole stamp set as it was only one single stamp.


Escape_To_Paradise_Angela_August_04.jpgI also created the envelops for each card, using the 1-2-3 punch board by WRMK and the papers from the Escape to Paradise collection.

Escape_To_Paradise_Angela_August_05.jpg

Here below is the process video of the cards that better explains how I stamped the background and how I made the oval shape of the sentiment of the yellow card.



I hope you liked my cards and the idea of creating your unique background. Thanks for joining the BoBunny blog and have a crafty day!

Love,
Angela

BoBunny supplies:
Patterned papers: Escape to Paradise/ Pineapples, Swim, Islands. DoubleDot/ Blush
Layered chipboards: Escape to Paradise
Jewels: DoubleDots/ Blue Hues, Aqua, Think Pink, Citrus
Stamps: Adventure Icons, Positive Vibes, Doodle Circle Frames


No comments:

Post a Comment