Thursday, January 3, 2019

DIY 2019 Calendar with Angela


Hello dear BoBunny friends and happy 2019! It's Angela here, super excited to be with you for another year long! Yay!
Here is my first project, something I make every year, a DIY calendar using Banner Year collection.

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_01.jpg

Here is how the calendar looks like closed. It is embellished using a few die cuts from the Noteworthy Banner Year pack and a few roses I fussy cut from the December paper. The numbers I used for the year 2019 are from another BoBunny collection, Land of Wonder in a dark red that perfectly matches the colors of the flowers.

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_02.jpg

The calendar is a desk calendar, so it is self standing. I can placed it directly on the desk for an easy and quick look to help me staying organized.
As you can see in the picture, the pages of the months are folded to create a pocket. Inside it, I can place whatever I need to remember like notes, bills to pay or even a pen.


BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_03.jpgBanner Year papers are made of two parts, the calendar is printed in half of a 12" paper. The other half of the paper has many beautiful images, perfect to fussy cut and also note cards and quotes. I cut out all that inspired me the most and put everything in the pocket of the related month.    

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_04.jpg

The calendar has no numbers. You can write them with a pen or a marker or stamp them. In my case, I stamped the numbers with an old number stamp set I had in my stash. The ink pads I used are the two Color Wheel ink pads by Vicki Boutin, the warm set and the cool set. For each month I stamped the numbers in the same color of the month color.

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_05.jpg

For example, March main color of the paper is green and I stamped the numbers in green, April main color is yellow and I stamped the numbers in yellow and so on.

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_06.jpg

I love this collection for the vintage style that reminds me to old prints and postcards.

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_07.jpg

Here are a few others pics of the calendar

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_08.jpg

July is my preferred month for sure, followed by October dressed in black and orange.

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_09.jpg

I think the calendar come out so charming that it would be a perfect gift for a friend too.

BannerYear_DIYCalendar_Angela_Jan07_10.jpg
That's all for today, I hope you liked the project, just an idea on how to use this gorgeous old styled collection. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon.



Love,
Angela





BoBunny Supplies:
12"Papers: Banner Year January/February/March/April/May/June/July/August/September/October/November/December
DoubleDot: 12"Charcoal Chevron
Noteworthy: Banner Year
Combo Stickers: Banner Year
Thickers: Land of Wonder Alphabet
Craft Dies: Banner Tag
Lace: Orange

Other Supplies:
American Crafts Sticky Thumb
Cinch 0.625" Silver Binding Wire
Vicki Boutin Color Wheel ink pad warm tones
Vicki Boutin Color Wheel ink pad cool tones


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this calendar! I've made calendars, too, for myself and for friends, and I know how much work it can be! Using this lovely collection would be fun, and a bit easier, too!

    ReplyDelete