Alright, I'm going to do my best to show you each step of my process for creating a layout with stamping.
1. The first thing I did was to assemble the base of my layout which included adding the photo and title.
2. I then decided I wanted to have stamped flowers on my layout, so I stamped the large and small circle images with blue ink onto my patterned paper.
3. Next, I cut out my circles and inked the edges of the small circles with a dark ink and the large circles with a lighter ink.
4. I then assembled my flowers. I layered the small on top of the large, and then layered them on top of a silk flower
attaching them with a large brad. In order to give my flowers more dimension, I folded the edges up a bit.
5. The next thing I did was stamp my flower stems directly onto my layout. When I stamped on the layout, I
placed the inked stamp firmly onto the layout. Before lifting the stamp from the layout, I firmly held the stamp in one place while gently rubbing under the the backside of the layout under my stamp. This insures I get a nice clean image without any spottyness. *If the image doesn't give you a complete image, simply draw in the rest of the image using a matching colored marker.
6. The next thing I did was to stamp my butterfly image in black directly onto the layout.
7. I then stamped the butterfly image again, only this time I stamped with blue ink onto yellow patterned paper. I cut out only the wings of the butterfly and layered them on top of the black image I already stamped on the layout. This creates a 3-D type of effect and makes the butterfly appear to have a shadow.
8. I then completed my layout by adding journaling.
And there you have it! A layout with stamped flowers, stems, and 3 demensional butterflies! I hope you liked this tutorial and can use some of the information when you're stamping on your projects! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! I'd love to see your stamped projects too!
Supplies Used in this tutorial:
Flutter Butter Flowers, Harmony Clearly Stamps, DD Chocolate Brads, Butterfly Dreams Candy Jewels, Flutter Butter Combo Stickers, Flutter Butter Ballet Die Cut, Flutter Butter Breeze paper, Flutter Butter Honey paper.
Blessings to you and yours!