Monday, August 30, 2010

Quickie Cards Using Cut Outs

One of my favorite Bo Bunny products is the fabulous sheet of cardstock cut outs that comes with each line. There are so many different ways you can use them in scrapbooking your layouts. But one thing that excites me also being the cardmaker that I am is the instant card possibilities using these cut outs. They already have a layered effect to them so it "looks" like you did the extra work but you didn't. Some of them also come with sentiments already printed right on them. Perfect for cards!!! I created these 5 cards in only an hour using a cutout as the core of the card then adding ribbon, buttons, stickers or rub-ons to complete them. Have a look!



This is Olivia's cardstock cut outs. I trimmed the middle piece (cut out) along the orange border, inked the edges a bit then adhered it to the Almond Dot base. Then I added a "Grateful Heart" sticker using pop-dots. Last I inked the edges of the card, added some linework then created a button border down the side. Super Quick card!


For this one I trimmed out the four squares cutout and mounted it on white before adhering it to my card base. Then I added a chipboard sticker using a pop-dot. I love dimension! Last I added the trim and rub-on. Easy peasy!!!


With this Cambridge cut out sheet I just had to create a 6 x 6 inch card so I could use one of the larger squares. I love the layers that are already created so it looks like you've put extra time into it! With this one I added the Crown square to my card base then added a sticker, ribbon, and bling. Done and Done!



How fun are these Whoo-ligans cut outs? This card was also a snap! All I did was trim the cut-out and adhere it to the card base after wrapping some ribbon around it. Last I added the "Batty for Candy" sticker. YUM!



For this card I cut out the library card and "the best teachers" cut outs. With a little inking along the edges and layering them using pop-dots this adds more interest. Add the red ric rac ribbon down the side adhering with staples, glue down the cut outs, then add the button.
Cards tend to intimidate some people but they don't have to be time consuming or super involved at all if you have the right tools and ideas. There are quite a few cut outs that come on these 12 x 12 sheets so you can get several different cards out of one. Love them!
Happy quickie card making!

28 comments:

  1. omgosh these are all so fabulous!! You make it look so easy - must do this for my next project!!!! Thank you so much for the quick tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really really cute......what a great idea and great way to use scraps!! :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every single one of these!! So inspirational ... gonna make me some cards!

    www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! The first one is my fav. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great IDEA!!!! Didn't even think of doing this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have thought to do something like that! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas!!! I love those sheets too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow all those cards are awesome,what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow-zers!! These are GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards you made -- I really never thought of using those for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great!! ONE hour???Wow that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all the cards. are those the colors for Christmas this year?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful job! You are so creative and imaginative. I love those sheets too, but I wouldn't have thought of these wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all incredible! I love these sheets- I really like to use them on all of my Bo Bunny projects because they add so much to a page or card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's funny I was thinking the same thing today when I was looking at these pieces!....you could almost feel the texture! ....love the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this fantastic tip. I never thought of using them on cards....I kind of hoard my Bo Bunny products for certain layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this fantastic tip. I never thought of using them on cards....I kind of hoard my Bo Bunny products for certain layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These cards are very cute.Very easy.Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing, as always, Shanna!! Thanks for the inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these! I am making some cards for charity and love that these come together so quickly. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete