Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Zoology Layout Tutorial

Hi there!! It's Tomoko here:)
Today I have a fun tutorial to share with you!!!

I made this layout using the new Zoology line, "At The Zoo". I usually don't use a lot of photos for my layouts, but still have so many to crop. And sometimes I want to scrap the stories of the photos. What I did for this layout is, I hid several little photos so it will still look like I only scrapped one.
Today I would like to show you how I made this layout. There are handmade flowers, pop up photo, and so on!!

Hope you all like it!!!


At The Zoo





***Supplies Used***
Zoology Collection, Zoology, Dot, Giraffe, Stripe, Word, Zebra, Cut Outs, Coordinating Double Dot (Olive Stripe, Chiffon Dot, Honey Mustard Dot, Harvest Dot), 12" Sticker, Zoo-rific! CS Sticker, Wild Adventure, Trinkets, Layered Chipboard, 12" Zoology Chipboard, Brads, Jewels, NoteWorthy

***Other Supplies Used***
White Gel Pen, Glitter (Doodlebug), Stamens, Chipboard (Using 2 different thickness)


Thanks for dropping by today and have fun crafting!! :)

21 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhh that is sooooooo awesome the way you did that!!! WOW!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great layout. Do you put your layouts in an album? I find that with flowers like that it is hard to put them into an album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the paper, the project, the flowers, the hidden photos...just terrific! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is fabulous!! I wonder the same thing as Chelle, about the flowers. I love them but they are so big for an album.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so so so cool!!! What an amazing layout... and it's interactive! I love it, thanks for the ideas


    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woow Tomoko I so looove your LO,very creative and pretty as always.I really enjoyed your tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Thanks for sharing Tomoko! I just love how the lion is peeking out behind the flower! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The layout is beatiful, and the video is so much fun! Thanks for sharing! Loved the hidden pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ladies!! Thank you for your sweet comments on my tutorial:)

    Chelle & Tanya,
    Thank you for your question. I store my layouts in these clear cases (photo posted). I think the layout will also fit in the album. The flower is a little big, but you can also cut off the back of the flower to make it more flat (but don't cut too much):)

    Thank you so much again!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, WOW WOW WOW! Will you do more of these amazing tutorials? This was the best 13 minutes of my week so far.....seeing you put this gorgeous page together, adding layer after layer, was so much help and inspiring to boot! LOVE this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe, Kathy that's so sweet of you<3 Thank you!!


    And one more thing you can do if cutting the back of flower is difficult. You can make the inside part of the flower thinner before cutting it. I think that will make it flatter:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! Loved watching the process.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! Tomoko...you are a natural....You made it look like it's SO easy!!! Great work! Thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great saying that
    Art attracts us only by what it reveals of our most secret self.
    These are incredible..

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's gorgeous. Thanks for the great video. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous layout Tomoko and fantastic tutorial! Watching you work is amazing, you are just awesome girl! :)

    ReplyDelete