Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Beautiful Altered Books!


Hello BoBunny fans, it's Amy here on Off the Page Wednesday!

Beautiful Family Memories Altered Books by Amy Voorthuis


This time I altered some old books with the amazing Heritage collection. I went to a secondhand shop real close to my house and I saw some amazing books that I had to have.

I was wanting to make this for a very long time but I could not find the right collection for this.


First I used a couple of sheets from the collection and put those on the cover of the books. Later I took my favorite washi tape out and used them to cover the back of the books which is super easy.

On the lower book I used the pretty piano sheet sadly I stuck everything on top of that....later I wondered why didn't I use it for the top one, but then it was to late.

I had such fun making this off the page project.


If you noticed I used a couple of different alphabets, they are so much fun on every kind of project you make because you have bold letters, small letters in all kind of sizes.



The BoBunny Lace are so adorable and if you can get your hands on them I advise you to buy them because they look great on everything. For my books I used them to keep the books closed.


Here you see the Pocket Squares on my top book underneath it you see the stickable stencils clock used with the licorice pearlescents.




I hope I inspired you to make a wonderful new OTP project to display in your wonderful homes.
This project I will give to my mom who loves reading books do you think she will like it?

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Lifetime, Census, Register/Heritage
6x6 Paper Pad: Heritage
Pocket Squares: Heritage
Washi Tape: Kraft, Black & White
Pearlescents: Licorice, Sugar
Stickable Stencils: Love
Brads: Wild Card
Jewels: Double Dot Mocha
Lace: Natural Earth
Kraft Wood: Key's & Butterflies
Stickers: Licorice Alphabet, Tuxedo Alphabet, Combo Stickers Somewhere In Time
Blossoms: Natural Earth Zinnia, Natural Earth Pansy, Buttercup Pansy, Wildberry Pansy, Wildberry Bouquet   

6 comments:

  1. these are lovely; I am always fascinated with old books and what you did with yours is a great way to use them and keep them "alive".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've pinned several pictures...it is so beautiful! I'm thinking of changing the words and having it for my daughter's college graduation--I'm inspired!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle....so glad I gave you this idea it would be one awesome graduarion gift for your daugther! Your very welcome ❤

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Amy! I am in love with this project!

    ReplyDelete