Friday, April 27, 2018

Heritage Photo Frame - Featuring Once Upon a Lifetime with Katherine

Hi BoBunny Fans!  Katherine here with a frame/gift that I made for my Dad using a picture of his Mum and also some of the beautiful vintage papers from Once upon a Lifetime.


I used the Oval Chipboard frame, covering if first with a couple of coats of white gesso, but I kept the brush strokes very rough in keeping the vintage style.  I then inked around the edges with some brown inks to pull out the brush strokes and I also added some copper wax in various areas to tie in with the coppers in the papers.



Whilst all the paint was drying I set to work on creating lots of flowers from the 6" pad and using the Perfect Petals die.  I inked the edges of each flower and then pinched up the petals to give them dimension, for the centre bud I curved the petals outwards and then chose a coordinating jewel for in the middle of the flower.


I used some of the smaller flowers on their own and tucked a doily as an extra layer of laciness underneath.  I cut some of the leaves out of the green paper and tucked these around too.


In the papers you get some fantastic vintage plaques so I cut out the one that said "Mother" to add at the base of my frame.  I also added in some of the BoBunny blossoms and crochet flowers to my paper garlands too.

Thanks for popping in today!  Come back and see us soon!
Katherine

BoBunny Supplies

Patterned Papers: Once Upon a Lifetime - Grandparents
6" Paper Pad: Once Upon a Lifetime
Jewels: Blue Hues, Citrus and Mocha
Blossoms: Natural Earth Dahlia
Paint: White Gesso
Die: Perfect Petals
Doilies: Medium
Ornate Oval Frame






No comments:

Post a Comment