Thursday, August 9, 2018

Take A Trip Layout with Marilyn

Hello everyone!

It's Marilyn here with you today to share a mixed media layout that I made using the Escape to Paradise collection. I visited Asheville with my family, we had a great time and I wanted to make an album about our trip. I have many pictures and here's my first page about my daughter and I in front of a chocolate store.
I love the Scribbles paper with the handwriting design and the colors go perfectly with my sweater. I gave textures using the Backsplash stencil with modeling paste. While the stencil work was drying, I cut out the doily behind the photo using the Mandalay Die and the Luggage paper that I also cut the suitcases from.

I tore the paper in three different places around the photo to create interest and dimension on the background.  I adhered some flowers from the Noteworthy package and chipboard.


I cut out the suitcases from the Luggage paper and adhered with 3D foam dots. I adhered the Frosting Jewels that are these pretty pearls swirls on the background.

I distressed all the borders with the Color Wheel inks by Vicky Boutin, for this page in particular I used a pale ink to give the shabby chic look on my work.

After I adhered all the elements on my layout I gave white paint splatters around all the textures.


You can see the dimension from this angle. Well I hope you find some inspiration today. Thank you so much for stopping by...until next time!!!
Marilyn

Bo Bunny supplies:
Pattern Papers- Escape to Paradise: Scribbles, Luggage, Swim,
Noteworthy: Escape to Paradise
Layered Chipboard: Escape to Paradise
Stickers: Escape to Paradise
Stencil: Backsplash
Jewels: Frosting Jewels
Inks: Color Wheel- Vicky Boutin
Sticky Thumb- adhesive foam dots

No comments:

Post a Comment