Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Yuletide Carol Cards with Katherine

Hello everyone, it's the 1st December and start of the Christmas countdown, I've got a couple of mixed media cards to share with you using the lovely colours in in the Yuletide Carol collection.


I used the script card from the Early Bird box collection as my base, and then started to layer up some of the fabulous vintage papers in the collection.  I used some copper glitter paste with the Winter Fun stencil for my background, then started with die cuts, tags, flowers, wood pieces, it was such fun to make!


The main focus of this card is this beautiful tag cut from the Jolly paper,  I layered up snowflakes and die cuts behind it.


I echoed all the elements in my main section at the top corner with another tag and one of the wooden snowflakes.


For my next card I used the Seasons Greetings 6 by 4 journal card and carefully cut out the centre to make a shaker card.  Once I had detached the 2 pieces I then backed the front window section with acetate and used a layer of foam tape to keep all my little shaker elements in the card.


Here you can see the way that I gutted the sentiment from the journal card to make the shaker window.



Along with beads and sequins I used some shrink plastic with the Holly Jolly and Feeling Festive stamps. 


Shrink plastic is really easy to use, you stamp your image, then colour it in and cut it out, finally give it a blast with a heat gun, at the last moment placing something flat (like a stamp block) on top to make sure it is flat and then you get little pieces like these.

 I decoupaged some flowers from the Yuletide Carol paper and used confetti glitter paste in the corner to make the card even more dimensional.

BoBunny Supplies

Papers: Yuletide Carol, Kris Kringle, Yuletide Carol, Jolly and Jingle Bells
Stickable Stencil: Winter Fun
Glitter Paste: Copper
Stamps: Feeling Festive and Holly Jolly
Wood Shapes: Christmas and Snowflakes
Dies: Darling Doily, Christmas Card
Jewels: Double Dot Ruby Red
Brads: Double Dot Ruby Red
Blossoms: Wildberry
Cards: Early Bird boxed collection




No comments:

Post a Comment