Thursday, May 16, 2019

Creative Layering Layout with Angela

Hello BoBunny friends!
It's Angela here. The highlighted theme on the blog this week is Layering. When we talk about layering in scrapbooking, we tend to think to pieces of papers underneath a photo and lots of bits and pieces in between. Instead, this made me immediately think to a photography I saw somewhere on the web, an artistic image of layers of stripes made of light canvas and hung on a wall. In the scrapbook page I'll show you, I tried to reproduce that image I had in mind.



Harmony_Layout_Angela_May16_01.jpg

I went for an A4 layout because it felt more dynamic and more appropriate for this type of composition. I also had the right photo for this page. I took it at the Picasso Museum in Barcelona and that walking man with red shoes is my hubby :)

Harmony_Layout_Angela_May16_02.jpg

To create the layers, I chose papers with soft backgrounds and in rainbow colors. They mainly comes from Harmony BoBunny collection except for a couple of papers that are from Sweet Clementine and Bee-utiful You. I cut the papers in strip of two inches wide. I arranged them overlapping one on the other and varying the length of each one.

Harmony_Layout_Angela_May16_03.jpg

I created a little cluster of tags and labels at the bottom of the page, right on the photo. It's not properly a journaling, just a note of when and where the picture was taken.
Then, to create a visual triangle on the layout, I used the beautiful brads BoBunny makes for each paper collection.

Harmony_Layout_Angela_May16_04.jpg

The title is sticked on a stripe of vellum and is made of silver alpha thickers. The letters are shiny and have an holographic effect that reflects the colors of the different papers.

Harmony_Layout_Angela_May16_05.jpg

I'm quite happy on how the page turned out. I hope you enjoyed my layering idea and I have inspired you to give it a try. Thank you so much for stopping by.

Love,
Angela




BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Papers: 12" Harmony/Everywhere/Perfection/Abounds/Renewal/Springtime/Welcome/In The Air - Sweet Clementine/Delight/Bouquet - Bee-utiful You/Honeycomb/Lovely/Bee's Knees
Combo Stickers: Harmony
Notheworthy: Harmony
Brads: Harmony, Bee-utiful You, Sweet Clementine
Thickers: Harmony Foil Foam Stickers AC

Other Supplies:
AC white cardstock
AC Sticky Thumb Adhesives
AC portable trimmer Cut It Up
AC scissors

2 comments: