Thursday, July 3, 2014

Somewhere In Time Tags and Cards

Today, some of our amazing design team members share how to use the Somewhere In Time collection to create a variety of cards and tags. We have something for just about everything to share with you including thank you cards, get well wishes and even a Mother's Day card! Have you used Somewhere In Time to create any cards yet? Make sure to share them with us on our Facebook page!


Thank You Tag by Gabrielle Pollacco


I'm a big fan of making my patterned papers stretch as far as they can, so I usually start by making a layout first (you need larger pieces for 12x12 layouts)....then I take the scraps and create cards out of them.  The tag (above) was made from some paper I had left over from the last layout I made with the Somewhere In Time collection.


I used a fabric flower to accent the tag and for the smaller blooms I used a punch on the 'Antiquity' paper, gave it a little crinkle and some chalk inking on the edges.  I tucked a little bit of cheesecloth in to help give more of a tattered look.


I love the 'You're Invited' stamp set, I think I've used this set over and over. I used the simpler font style stamps for this card because I felt it matched the look of the card/tag better.


Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Antiquity, Timeless/Somewhere In Time
Cardstock Stickers: Somewhere In Time
Stamps: You're Invited Large Stamps



Thank You Card by Gabrielle Pollacco


I was going for a more elegant look for this card. I love the ornate fence stamp, so I thought I'd create a little garden scene.  I did a little fussy cutting of floral and clock elements and punched some blooms from the coordinated paper as well.


I chose the fancier font style stamps for this card because I wanted to continue the elegant styling into the title as well. 


Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Timeless, Antiquity/Somewhere In Time
Cardstock Stickers: Somewhere In Time
Stamps: It is Written Large Stamp, Gateway Large Stamp



Get Well Soon by Denise van Deventer 


I love the earthy tones of this collection and also the vintage feel that it has. It also has some lovely patterned papers that allows for fussy cutting, so that one doesn't need too many embellishments.


I fussy cut some of the beautiful, big flowers and then layered them, to create my layered centre flower. I also fussy cut some leaves and swirly pattern elements to add to my flower cluster.


BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Antiquity, Passage, Somewhere in Time/ Somewhere in Time
Cardstock: Jade Dot, Shadow Dot
Noteworthy: Somewhere in Time
Buttons: Somewhere in Time
Jewels: Somewhere in Time
Chipboard: 12 x 12/ The Avenues



Life's Journey Has Many Paths by Denise van Deventer


I again went for a vintage, shabby feel to this card and distressed the edges and layered up bits and pieces of off-cuts that I had accumulated after I had completed a page.


I used some of the cogs from the Noteworthy pack, which are really fabulous and are so versatile. I used a white gel pen to just highlight a few areas on my leaves and around the stickers and on my layered pieces. It just adds another little bit of interest and adds some highlights at the same time.


BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Chrononaut, Antiquity, Beauty, Somewhere in Time/ Somewhere in Time
Cardstock: Charcoal Dot
Stickers: Combo Sticker/ Somewhere in Time
Noteworthy: Somewhere in Time
Blossoms: Denim Blue Pansy



Happy Birthday Card by Evgenia Petzer


I love the blue shades of the Somewhere In Time collection. Sometimes when I don't have stamps I just print my sentiments on the cardstock, as I did on these two cards.



BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Imagination, Passage/Somewhere in Time
Jewels: Powder Mountain
6x6 Paper Pad: Somewhere in Time



Happy Mother's Day Card by Evgenia Petzer

 

I added some dark blue jewels to show even more depth of these pretty blues.




BoBunny Supplies:
Stickers: Combo Sticker / Somewhere in Time
Jewels: Somewhere in Time
6x6 Paper Pad: Somewhere in Time

No comments:

Post a Comment