Thursday, May 21, 2015

Marvelous Mixed Media!



Mixed Media Eye-glass Case Tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco
Mixed Media Glasses Case tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny Ironworks wood accents, Pearlescents, Glitter Paste, Lasercut chipboard and Stickable stencils.


Hi everyone!  Gabrielle here with you today to share a Steampunk style eye-glass case I made using a variety of Bo Bunny's gorgeous mixed media products and one of my favorite wood embellishment collections called Ironworks.   

Mixed Media Glasses Case tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny Ironworks wood accents, Pearlescents, Glitter Paste, Lasercut chipboard and Stickable stencils.

Have you tried these beautiful new lasercut chippies?  I was lucky enough to get my hands on this stunning butterfly chippie, they have such intricate cut-work, love them! So I decided to make this, and a lovely scroll from the Ironworks wood accents collection the centerpiece of my OTP project.  I thought it would be nice to make a video tutorial up to show how this thing went together....so grab a cup of coffee (or tea) click on the arrow below and enjoy!




I just love the way the Pearlescents adhere so well to almost any surface, I didn't even have to pre-coat my piece with Gesso!  Here are a couple of views of this project from other angles...

Mixed Media Glasses Case tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny Ironworks wood accents, Pearlescents, Glitter Paste, Lasercut chipboard and Stickable stencils.

This is the backside of the glasses case, you can see the nice texture I got using the Cascade Stickable Stencil with a combination of  Licorice, Graphite and Chocolate Perlescents streaked across it.

Mixed Media Glasses Case tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny Ironworks wood accents, Pearlescents, Glitter Paste, Lasercut chipboard and Stickable stencils.

I finished my design with some Bo Bunny Trinkets and Mocha Jewels. 

Mixed Media Glasses Case tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco using Bo Bunny Ironworks wood accents, Pearlescents, Glitter Paste, Lasercut chipboard and Stickable stencils.

A view of the left side.  I also added some little hits of the Bronze Glitter Paste to the wings o the butterfly and on the metal flowers.  This project came together quick and easy and now I have a pretty eye-glass case to keep on my night table.

Product used in this project:
Bo Bunny Stickable Stencil/Cascade
Bo Bunny Pearlescents/Licorice, Graphite, Chocolate
Bo Bunny Glitter Paste/Bronze
Bo Bunny Laser cut chipboard/Butterfly
Bo Bunny Wood Accents/Iron Works
Bo Bunny Double Dot Jewels/Mocha
Bo Bunny Trinkets/Apple Cider collection

Hope you enjoyed my tutorial and hope this has inspired you to use Bo Bunny's fabulous wood accents and mixed media products!


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I just HAVE to make this happen. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I just HAVE to make this happen. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. saw this on fb and loved it--thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete