Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mixed Media Layout!



Hello everyone! We want to take a moment and thank everyone for all the AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, FABULOUS submissions we've received! We are so excited and thrilled with what we are seeing! Thank you, thank you! We are busily going through each and every submission and will announce the winners of Round 1 on May 26, 2016.

Selfie by Tracee Provis


Hi Bo Bunny fans today I am here to share with you a layout using some of Bo Bunny's mixed media products, also this month we teamed up with Imagine Crafts and I was sent some fun goodies to play with.


I started by giving my background paper a thin coat of gesso, just enough to tone it down but not cover the beautiful pattern on the paper. I then applied a some Crackle Paste Primer roughly in the areas I wanted to put the White Crackle Paste. I applied my White Crackle Paste through a stencil, and you can see how the shapes crackle where they go over the Primer.


I cut some clouds from vellum with the dies from the Fly Away set, after I had positioned them I used some Silver Foil Transfers to add a little detail. They really do shine!


For my page I used the Beautiful Dreamer Collection, some papers I tore and others have straight cut edges, I like the look of this mix. I was sent some Memento markers from Imagine Crafts, these are dual tip markers with a brush one end and a fine tip on the other end. I used my Scribble technique and Tuxedo Black to create my "Selfie" title. I also used the same Tuxedo Black pen to outline the edges of my papers.


When I came to construct my layout I found I had run out of foam dots, I took some corrugated card and added tear tape. I then adhered this to the back of my paper cluster and voila. The tear tape is so simple to use and really does have a very strong grip.


BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper; Bicycle, Daydream, Books, Memories, Mirage, Reverie/Beautiful Dreamer; Marvelous/Believe
Brads; Believe
Dies; Fly Away, Picture This
Glimmer Spray: Sugar
Gesso & Crackle Paste; Crackle Paste Primer, White Gesso, White Crackle Paste
Foil Transfers; Accents Silver Foil, Filagree Silver Foil
Stencils; Oh My Stars
Imagine Crafts; Tear Tape
Imagine Crafts; Memento Pens Tuxedo Black

1 comment: