Thursday, June 16, 2016

Marvelous Mixed Media Layout!


Hi There BoBunny Fans :)

Today I wanted to share with a mixed media layout using Take a Hike.

In the Southern Hemisphere we are heading into winter so the autumnal colours of this collection were perfect to scrap this photo of my wee fella Dougal romping around our back yard :)

Dougal by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Take a Hike

To create the foundation for my background I have ripped the edges of three sheets of paper and then adhered them to my base piece of Take a Hike.

Dougal by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Take a Hike

Here you can see the dimension of the long cluster. I've only applied adhesive to part of the banner so that I can curl the tips of the banner and give it a bit more oomph :)  After die cutting out all the leaves I used the die as a stencil and ink over the back of the die, onto the paper so that the leaves had all their little creases and lines which helps make them a little more real and defined.

Dougal by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Take a Hike

A smaller cluster to the side of the photo ties the whole layout together :)

Dougal by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Take a Hike

This close up shows you the different mixed media colours I've used.  I used the script stencil from the Brocade set, colouring the texture paste with gold glimmer spray, giving a creamy effect.  I created the darker green splatters by mixing Frost and Mint sprays with a drop of Bronze.  This was splattered randomly over the page as well as more splats of gold and bronze.  Some random stamping with my favourite stamps finished it off :)

Thanks for popping by today!

BoBunny Products:
Patterned Paper:  Take a Hike, Compass, Trails, Campfire / Take a Hike.  Autumn / Enchanted Harvest
Noteworthy: Take a Hike
Layered Chipboard: Take a Hike
Foil Transfer: Copper Filagree 
Dies: Lovely Leaf
Stamps: It is Written, Rough it Up
Glimmer Spray: Gold, Bronze, Frost, Mint
Stickable Stencil: Brocade
Ink Pad: Licorice

2 comments: