Wednesday, October 26, 2016

1 Layout 3 Ways Christmas Layout!


Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here and  I welcome to my new BoBunny inspirational post.
This time it's One layout: three ways post and it's all about the most odd Christmas I've even seen.
 I live in Israel and as you most probably know we celebrate Hanukkah and not Christmas.
But as our family loves to travel and I was born and spent my early years in a former USSR, I am a huge fan of all things Christmas and I love to make Christmas projects. But then making the OOP project or cards is easy. But even  if you don't have any Christmas photos with people on them you still can make lovely Christmas  layouts with everything around. And this layout is one of this kind: scrapping Cuban Christmas trees.
Most of the people are not familiar with Cuba. So when we spent a couple of weeks there last Christmas it was unique thing to see how they do decorate all kind of artificial trees (they are tropical country without any real trees around), but that is all...
No Santas. No stockings. No red hats. No presents (hello, how can you buy any present with the totally empty shops and no money? ). But them they sing (not about Christmas); they dance and they are happy in their own way.
So here are all three levels of my layout here- from the simple one to the more Mixed Media one.

Joy of Cuban Christmas layout by Irit Shalom


I used Tis the Season collection to make this layout and yes, this pretty much vintage line is perfect for this pretty much living in vintage country.
I used the back side of Traditions card stock as my layout base. The matting of all three photos was made with Cranberry Dot card stock that is a perfect fit for this collection. I added a chipboard layered stickers JOY title and finished the  title with a very old BoBunny sticker letters and one single sticker from the combo of this line. I love to make mixed titles. They look gorgeous and are very creative after all.
Then I added a corner cluster  with the date on it. 


The next level of this layout was to add some journalling that was made over hand cut from card stock tags and tells a bit of the Cuban Christmas story. To make it more interesting I added the top garland using both card stock stickers and chipboard and connected the upper photo with this light bulbs garland.

 Let's say that it was all done for so called classic scrapboking, but I had to add some Mixed Media elements and those were added on the third version of this layout.



The only three things added here are some stenciled lines made with Gold Pearlescents and Serenity stencil over the minimal " white space" that was left.
Then I added pearlescent dots over the upper patterned paper with the same Gold pearlescents paint and Sugar Pearlescents paint and also it takes time to add it and to wait till it's dry it made the whole layout more textured.
And then I added two small flag stickers on the left of the main photo. This was a " repair" add on over the layout as I messed with the paint. But look how easy to can cover the " problem" with some of the flat card stock stickers? 
And then I realized that I made a HUGE spelling mistake and the title should be " Cuban"  and the same mistake was in my journalling.It was easy to peel 3 stickers and to cover the extra three letters with white gesso and to cover for my " English Third Language" mess. So now the final layout is most probably without any spelling mistakes.


And now some close- ups for you to see the details.

This one is to show the hand written journaling.


This one shows the pearl dots over the cardstock.


This close - up was made to show the dimension of the page.


And the initial corner that was left as is.


So at least two things you should remember while scrapping: check spelling before you glue your titles and write your journaling !

BoBunny products used:
Cranberry Dot, 
Tis the Season Pine  
Tis the Season Traditions 
Tis the Season Peace
Tis the Season Layered 
Tis the Season chipboard
Tis the Season combo sticker
Bella Rosa Combo stickers 
Tis the Season Noteworthy 
Gold Pearlescents 
Sugar Pearlescents 
Serenity Stickable stencil 

1 comment: