Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Down by the Sea, Mixed Media-One Layout Three Ways with Marilyn


Hello everyone! We all have different styles, some like simple things, others with more details or someone like me with lot of layers, paints and details.. I'm going to share with you today-one layout  in three ways with the new Down by the Sea collection and the new Spring stuff, let's take a look...


This is my final project with many layers, stamping, mixed media product but before that I explain all the creative process let's go to see how I started in the next picture, working backwards with me. 

 #1 Way

I selected the Down by the Sea Seahorse as my base paper. Then I made a design with the chipboard and Noteworthy pieces, next I adhered the photo. It looks simple and clean.

 #2 Way

Then I added color around all the design with Pentart Delicate Metallic and blue creamy acrylic paints. After drying, I gave textures with the Backsplash Stencils and the new Pentart Stencil Paste in Ice Flower color. Finally, I added white and blue paint splatters.

To take it to the next level (#3) I stamped randomly with the Doodles stamp and added yellow paint splatter for extra textures.


 I added some Blue Hues Jewels and a well placed touches of  3D Balls that I adhered with Pentart Express Glue.


I love the chipboard pieces, they look adorable and fun  and add just the right feel to this seaside layout scheme.


You can see here all the textures...
And here are the three ways...which one is your personal favorite?


Bo Bunny Supplies

Pattern Paper: Down by the Sea- Seahorse-Ripples

Chipboard: Down by the Sea  

Noteworthy: Down by the Sea

Stamp: Doodle Stamp

Stencil: Backsplash Stencils
Blue Hues Jewels
Gesso White

Pentart Supplies

Stencil Paste- Ice Flower
Delicate Metallic- Greenish silver
Creamy Acrylic - Blue- Baroque Gold
3D Balls
Express Glue

I hope you had some inspiration today!
Thank you so much for stopping by...until next time!
Marilyn Rivera

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! The chipboard pieces would have been lovely by themselves, but the mixed media really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how the layout progresses! I'm pretty clean and simple, so I love the idea of making it as simple or as elaborate as you are comfortable. The third result is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome as all your projects, dear Marilyn! Xoxo from Colombia

    ReplyDelete