Thursday, August 15, 2019

Christmas Treasure Dimensional Cards

Hello crafty friends!
It's Angela with you to share some cards I made with the brand new Christmas Treasures collection by BoBunny. I know, maybe it's early to start working on Christmas project but this collection is totally amazing and I couldn't resist playing with it.

I love everything from Christmas Treasures, every single piece, from the papers to the die-cuts and the chipboards. It has a traditional style but with a modern twist thanks to its touch of light pink and of rose gold foil accents.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_01.jpg


For my today cards I use the 6" x 8" paper pad and all the cards measure 5,5" x 4,25". I also made a matching envelop for each card. To create them, I used the DoubleDot cardstocks suggested for this collection. You can find the complete list of the coordinate DoubleDot items here, in the Christmas Treasure launch post.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_02.jpg

My first card is horizontal. Here, as well as in the other cards, I first created a panel out of patterned paper slightly smaller than the card base. To be precise, the front panel measures 5" 3/8 x 4" 1/8.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_04.jpg

I used a burgundy plaid paper for my base and in the center I placed a white doily. On top of it, I placed a die-cut with the sentiment Merry Christmas and I adhered it with foam tape.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_06.jpg

Then, I embellished all around with other die-cuts and layered chipboards and a few DoubleDot Jewels in pink. Last, I glued the finished card on a vanilla cardstock folded in two and voilĂ , the first card is done.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_07.jpg

For the envelop, I used wine vintage DoubleDot, with a faint gold damask on one side and gold polka dots on the other.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_08.jpg

My second card is pretty similar to the first even if the cluster of the embellishments is arranged on the left side.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_09.jpg

The card base is a gorgeous patterned paper in red with a design of poinsettias printed in rose gold foil.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_10.jpg

I placed a white paper doily on the left of the card and I layered some Noteworthy pieces. I added red strass on the berries of the hollies and a gold twine to the rose gold bell. For the sentiment I used a long banner with written Merry Christmas and I placed it on top of the composition using foam adhesive.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_11.jpg

The envelop of this second card is made out of a 12" sugar chevron DoubleDot cardstock. I chose a light color to match the stylish poinsettia and to make it pop.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_12.jpg

The third card is a bit different from the previous ones. It is vertical and the main color of the whole card is light pink.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_13.jpg

The vertical orientation is due to the die-cut piece I chose as main subject for the card, an old-style image of a cute baby musician.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_14.jpg

Underneath the musician, I created a layer of flowers. Two of these flowers are die-cuts and two are paper blossoms that I enriched with a touch of pink glitter paste spread on the surface.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_15.jpg

The sentiment Merry and Bright is from the layered chipboard pack of the collection. It has the traditional colors of Christmas, red and gold that match perfectly with the pinkish of the card.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_16.jpg

Here, I also chose pink for the envelop. I went for Dusty Rose Damask cardstock so to keep consistent with the main color of the card.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_17.jpg

That's all for today my friend. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you liked my cards and feel inspired to create with the beautiful Christmas Treasures collection.

Christmas_Treasures_Cards_Angela_Aug15_18.jpg

Love,

Angela



BoBunny Supplies:
6" x 8" Paper Pad: Christmas Treasures
Noteworthy: Christmas Treasures
Layered Chipboard: Christmas Treasures
DoubleDot Cardstock: 12" Wine Vintage/ Sugar Chevron/ Dusty Rose Damask
DoubleDot Jewels Strass: Ruby Red/ Think Pink
DoubleDot Blossoms: Wild berry Bouquet
Glitter Paste: Blush
AC Cardstock: Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment