Thursday, November 7, 2019

DIY Pocket Calendars with Angela


Hello friends!

Angela here. Today I am sharing my very first project made using the new BoBunny Time & Place collection. I created three pocket calendars and if you'd like to see how to make them, there is a video too!


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_01


These pocket calendars will be a gift to give to my friends for Christmas. Time & Place collection inspired me so many other projects and DIY to make. For example, you could make a big calendar to hung up or a teeny one, smaller than the one I am showing you, using Time & Place stamps.


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_02


To create these, I started stamping the monthly calendar on 12 pieces of 4 x 4 inches white paper.
For extra fun, I stamped each month in a different color using Vicki Boutin Color Wheel inks


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_03


To hold in place the calendar I used the colorful brads that are in the collection, two for each calendar.
I also wrapped washi tape around the papers for making the calendar sturdier and to embellish it, too.


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_04


The calendars have a hard cover made of cardboard wrapped in DoubleDot Vintage cardstock. The measures of the cardboard are 2 pieces of 4,25 x 4,25 inch and 1 piece of 0,50 x 4,25 inch.


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_05


For the closure I made two versions. One has got a brad and a piece of twine to wrap around the brad and the other has an elastic instead. 


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_06


This is how the calendar looks like when it is open. I adhered a journaling card to write a note to my friend.


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_07


I embellished also the cover, playing with Distress Oxide and bits and pieces from Time & Place collection. It carries such gorgeous flowers!!


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_08


Here is a close-up of the closure made with a beautiful flower brad and the elastic. I was lucky enough to find in my stash an elastic that perfectly match the color of the paper.


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_09


VoilĂ ! This is all for today. I hope you liked my pocket calendar idea and hopefully my friend too.


Time&Place_Angela_Nov07_10


Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll see you soon!



BoBunny Supplies 
Patterned Paper: Time & Place January/ April/ June/ July
DoubleDot Paper: Vintage Passion Fruit/ Orange Citrus/ Peaches & Cream
Noteworthy: Time & Place
Cardstock Stickers: Time & Place
Layered Chipboard Stickers: Time & Place
Brads: Time & Place 
Washi Tape: Time & Place
Stamp: Time & Place/ It Is Written

No comments:

Post a Comment