Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Wooden Heart Project with Denise

Hello BoBunny Fans!

It's Denise here today with a mixed media Wooden Heart, using the beautiful Count the Ways collection.

Count the Ways_Wooden Heart_Denise_22 Jan 01

This could be a romantic show piece for the house or even a gift that you give to that special person in your life. I haven't quite decided what I am going to with it just yet.

I used noteworthy pieces and lace to create this piece, along with some BoBunny blooms and die-cuts.

Count the Ways_Wooden Heart_Denise_22 Jan 02

For added texture I used some microspheres, crystal drops and pearlescents.

Count the Ways_Wooden Heart_Denise_22 Jan 03

For the background I used stickable stencils and gesso and then colored the wood with distress paints and water.

Count the Ways_Wooden Heart_Denise_22 Jan 04

I love that one can still see the wood and woodgrain. I intentionally did not color and paint it too much for that very reason.

Count the Ways_Wooden Heart_Denise_22 Jan 05

I love the romantic colors of this heart and that little cupid just sets my heart a flutter!!!

I created a video to show you the creative process and would love it if you had a look. I hope that it sows a few creative seeds.



Thanks ever so much for popping by the BoBunny blog today and we really hope to see you back tomorrow.

Have a hearty day!
Denise x



BoBunny Supplies used:
Patterned Paper: Be Mine/ Count the Ways
Cardstock: Avocado Dot
Noteworthy: Count the Ways
Corazones: Hearts
Blossoms: Blush Zinnia
Pearlescent: Gold, Silver
Stickable Stencils: Love, Brocade
BoBunny transparent Gel

American Crafts: Vicky Boutin Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment