Friday, May 1, 2020

How to Make a Family Heirlooms Mother's Day Mini Album

Hi Crafty Friends!!

Here is Elisa and today I want to share with you my new project made with Family Heirlooms BoBunny collection: the mini album "Dear Mom".

I wanted to create a project for Mother's Day. First I thought about a nice card... But then I changed my mind. Due to the Lockdown, now I can see my Mom only in video calls. I miss her so much, I can't  wait they give us the ok for visiting our relatives: she will be the first one for me!!!

So I decided to find out all the pictures we made in the last years and make a mini album for her!!! She appreciates my scrapbook projects, so I hope she will be happy about this!


When I saw for the first time the cardstock "Traditions" (side with bricks) I thought it would be perfect for a cover.  So I used this one and the cardstock "Pedigree" (dotted side): I wanted to create a "quite modern" background and then layering on that some  vintage elements (music sheet with violin, the distressed roses, the title made with typewriter keys).

I also decided to hand sew all the border with a very white thread (of course first I made all the holes before sewing.)

I decorated the spine with some die-cuts and a chipboard sticker medallion with the word Life.



In Family Heirlooms Noteworthy you can find very useful pieces!!! For example four tickets! I used one of them in a little pocket on the first page of the album.


I didn't use only the Notewothy package. I love fussy cutting... so I always study the papers in every collection to find some awesome element. Can you recognize the embellishment in the right corner?

Yes, I cut it on the Ancestors cardstock!




I used other two tickets for another pocket in the second page. As I did in the previous page, I put an eyelet on them and I tied a piece of burlap rope.



Every element can become a new pocket. 




In this collection I found the right words for this album... This page shows one of out tradition...
And she will be so happy about the roses!! They are her favourite flower!!

In this page you can see how I uses three square elements (Trinkets cardstock) to make three flaps. 
I used washi tape as hinge.





When we have a beautiful image on our cardstock we have to emphasize it! For example I didn't want to cover the woman on this page. But I added some other elements to create a layout.





As usual I also love to cut my pictures... I think that my mum is so nice in this photo (but the background was not the best...) so I give a new base to it!!!



This is a big pocket page. On the top I cut an oval space perfect for pull out the internal card.





I left some empty photo spaces for our next trips or days together.... I really want to take a lot of new picture with her!!




I hope you enjoy this project!! Watch this video walk through to see more!



Till next time!


- Elisa




BoBunny Supplies:

Family Heirlooms Cardstocks 12x12: Family Heirlooms, Keepsakes, Pedigree, Trinkets, Ancestors, Origins, History, Documented, Lineage, Traditions;
Family Heirlooms Noteworthy
Family Heirlooms 12x12 Chipboard Stickers with Foil
Family Heirlooms Layered Chipboard
Family Heirlooms Brads
Family Heirlooms 6x12 Cardstock Stickers
Family Heirlooms Washi Tape
Family Heirlooms Enamel Dots
Family Heirlooms Thickers
Family Heirlooms Clear Stamps
Family Heirlooms Boxed Cards
Garden Grove Clear Stamps
BoBunny Captured Clear Stamp.


Other American Crafts supplies:

EK round punch: 1/2 ; 3/4; 1" 1/2


2 comments:

  1. la tua mamma sarà rimasta incantata!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le è piaciuto tantissimo! E questo mi ha reso molto felice <3

      Delete