Friday, September 9, 2011

Fast Friday

Welcome to another Fast Friday! 
How long do you spend creating your layouts?  Are you a fast scrapbooker or does it take you hours or maybe even days to create one layout?  Either way, today’s post is just for YOU! 
We challenge you to create a layout in one hour or less.  We also challenged some of our designers to do this and here is what they came up with.


First up, we have this beautiful layout by Tomoko. At first glance, this layout looks like it would have taken days to create.  I know I thought so at first, but Tomoko shared some tips about how to create gorgeous with limited time.  Tomoko didn’t use much paper on her layout.  She used the large die-cut paper and then embellished the page with cutouts from some of the patterned paper, chipboard, stickers and Noteworthy.
Wanna Play?
Tomoko Takahashi

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Bo Bunny Supply List:
Patterned Paper: Garden Girl, Arbor, Stripe, Cut Outs, Die Cut /Garden Girl
Cardstock: Chocolate Journal
Stickers: Dimensional Stickers
Noteworthy: Garden Girl
Brads: Garden Girl
Jewels: Garden Girl
Rub-ons: Garden Girl
Chipboard: Garden Girl 12 x 12
Trinkets: Garden Girl

Our next layout was created by Patti.  She kept it simple with one picture and a nice linear design with her patterned papers and title.  She finished it off with some chipboard, stickers and buttons.
  "Autumn Leaves"
Patti Milazzo
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Tip: For a multi photo layout, push your photo more to the right and the title and embellishments to the left. Elongate the paper below the photo into a rectangle. That should give you enough room to double your space to fit 2-3 photos total
Bo Bunny Supply List:
Patterned Paper: Fall Breeze, Dot, Impressions, Stripe and Dusk/Forever Fall; Extra, Stamped and Symphony/Et Cetera
Cardstock: Journal in Chocolate
Stickers: Forever Fall Combo Stickers and Et Cetera Combo Stickers
Brads: Forever Fall
Rub-ons: Forever Fall
Chipboard: 12” Forever Fall
Buttons: Forever Fall
Other: natural hemp; oak leaf punches and border punch (Fiskars Americas)
Next we have Robbie.  Robbie added layers and easy details for her page.  Taking advantage of shapes from the Noteworthy and stickers made the page come together quickly.

Robbie Herring
2 of a Kind



Design Tip:  Take shortcuts to add detailing.  Use an embossing folder on Noteworthy for a more customized look.  Use a punch for leaves instead of handcutting.  Lots of foam dots can help with layers and dimension.

Bo Bunny Supplies List:
Patterned Paper:   Garden Girl, Garden Girl Dot and Chiffon Double Dot
Noteworthy:  Garden Girl
Brads:  Garden Girl
Buttons:  Garden Girl
Stickers:  Garden Girl
Layered Chipboard:  Garden Girl
Chipboard:  Garden Girl
Rub-ons:  Garden Girl

Our last layout for today is from Samantha.  She made it fast and kept it special by using basic shapes with her paper and adding her beautiful details with embellishments, brads and jewels.  Destressing adds even more detailing.

So very grateful for you
Samantha Wright


Bo Bunny Supply List:
Patterned Paper: Fall Bouquet, Fall Foliage, Fall Nature/Forever Fall
Stickers: Forever Fall Combo Stickers and Gratitude Cardstock Stickers, Dimesional stickers/Forever Fall.
Brads: Forever Fall
Noteworthy: Forever fall
Jewels: Barefoot and Bliss

We invite you to share your pages with us on at Facebook! 
 We love seeing what you are up to!

Thanks so much for dropping by and we hope you are inspired to try your hand at creating a layout in one hour or less!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome projects!!!
    Hughs from Brazil!
    Aline Fonseca

    ReplyDelete
  2. it takes me h.o.u.r.s to make any scrap page, I think I think too much about them! These are beautiful, cant believe they spent such a short time. thanks for sharing!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these layouts, they're so cute and you can really get a feel for the person. I'm more of a card maker, but I just started scrapbooking and it takes me a while. The inital layout is fine for me to come up with, but all the embelishments...Geeze! The more I look at my layouts (they're posted on my blog) the more I find that when I think they're done, they're not really! I'm going to go back and embelish ALL of them some more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually take about an hour too!! How fun are these pages! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE them! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can make a layout in an hour if I use a sketch, usually! These layouts are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these layouts. Once I get started cropping, I can make layouts pretty fast. However, it usually takes hours to get that first one done . .. then I get going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can spend a couple of days on a page but to me I'm creating art that tells a story. I guess i compare it to knitting a sweater or sewing a quilt then it seems like a short time!

    ReplyDelete