Thursday, May 30, 2013

All about Journaling! + A Fun Tutorial

I'm so in love with today's layouts and the idea behind them.

Have you ever been at the point where all you're doing is putting the 
who, what, when & where on your layouts?

It's a rut that a lot of us tend to get stuck in.

Many years ago (like15ish) I read an article by Rebecca Sower. (I think that's how you spell it)
In this article she talked about more meaningful journaling.
Here are just a few examples of what you could do:

~ Tell the story behind the photo.
~ Quote the person in the photo.
~Write your hopes & wishes for the person in the photo.
~ Journal through the hard times.


Head over heels
Romy Veul
"The Love Letters collection inspired me to write a little note to my parents on one of my lay-outs. Saying how much I love them is something I would love to do much more. But saying it to them face to face is not something that feels very natural. So I figured making a lay-out and journaling about my love for them would be a nice alternative. My journaling is in the left below corner and says:
'Dear mom and dad,
I don't always show you,
I don't always admit,
That I love you
Incredibly much.
Love, Romy'"

BoBunny supplies:
Patterned paper: Flowers, Journal, Keys, Notes/ Love Letters
6x6 paper pad: Love Letters
Chipboard: Love Letters 12x12 Chipboard
Rub-Ons: Love Letters
Stickers: Love Story Cardstock Sticker
Buttons: Love Letters
Doilies: 4 in Small Doilies

Family
Gabrielle Pollacco
 Last month a friend of ours invited our family to join in a little photo contest, we were given 6 photo catagories to enter our photos into, one of which was 'Words'. I saw this cute idea of using laces to create a word on Pinterest, so we made our own 'Family' photo using the laces from our running shoes (and the girls even coaxed our puppy to add her paw to the family photo.)

Nest Tutorial
I created a nest embellishment using some burlap, twine/hemp, and some Bo Bunny Adhesive Pearls (Jewels). Here are my steps to make this easy-peasy nest!





 NOTE: I used Tombow liquid adhesive here, you just apply it to the burlap and let it begin to dry and get tacky, when it starts to get clear you can add the next step without getting your fingers covered in a lot of wet glue.
Add BoBunny Adhesive pearls as 'eggs' and your nest is ready to apply to your page as an embellishment. 

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper - Anthem (Celebration, Nation), C'est La Vie (Panache)
Cardstock - Island Mist Dot (matting and for butterfly)
Jewels - Prairie Chic, Blitzen
Trinkets - C'est La Vie
Brads - Welcome Home
Blossoms - Denim Blue Zinnia
Other - Hemp twine, burlap, texture paste & mask

When...
Tara Orr

 To the left of the photo there is actually a pull out tab with journaling/a special message to my daughter for her to read when she gets a little older.
BoBunny Supply List:
Patterned Paper: Divine, Opulent, Eloquent, Isabella, Delicate/Isabella
Patterned Paper: Oh Snap, Darkroom: Mama-razzi2
Noteworthy: Isabella
Noteworthy: Mama-razzi2
Trinkets: Isabella
Layered Chipboard: Isabella
Dimensional Stickers: Isabella
Combo Stickers: Isabella
Scripted Cardstock Stickers: Isabella
Chipboard: Isabella
Doilies: Medium

Hopefully this will inspire each of us to make sure we journal on our layouts,
and include the stories we want passed along to our families.
Happy Thursday & Happy Journaling!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! I love Gabrielle Pollacco's page. I love the photo. Love the concept of it. Love the nest. But totally adore the zips! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love all of these!! Journaling is so important and loving how they incorporated it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love to journal and I enjoyed seeing your gorgeous lay-outs with journaling! Fab work, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see journaling on a page, makes them so meaningful. Romy, I was almost choked up when I read your journaling (so sweet, as is the photo!) and Tara, I think the note idea for your daughter is such a great idea! Beautiful page! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. great inspirational layouts ladies, journaling is important and creative ways of incorporating this really makes the layouts enjoyable by all

    ReplyDelete