Thursday, September 12, 2013

Style Swap



Style. We all have our Favorites. 

But, sometimes in crafting it's to fun mix it up a little...

When you are in need of something different why not try

A STYLE SWAP: 

It's easy, you can do it! 

1. Find a friend, a designer, or a stranger who has a different style than you.
2. Observe their creative style.
3. Using their style create something incredible!

Style Swap by Lisa Nazario-Gregory


I have the most wonderful BuBunny Assignment this time around. Well, they are actually all wonderful. But this one is extra wonderful for me. I had to do my project based on the style of another BoBunny Designer. Well, some of you know that Gabrielle Pollacco has been a huge inspiration to me in scrapbooking. Her style is unique and like no other, so I decided to do Gabrielle's style. 


I pulled bits and pieces from her trademark signs, but the thing that always impresses me is the way she can take a holiday themed paper and use it in a non holiday way. I must admit that I have the hardest time creating with Holiday themed papers, so using the Silver And Gold Collection was awesome for me. Can you tell that it is Christmas paper?? If you can't, then I did my job well....


Designer Tip: I printed up the journaling in Photoshop, ran it through the printer on the patterned paper, trimmed the words, inked the edges and adhered them to my layout.  


If you want to learn more about this layout visit my blog today!


BoBunny Supplies:
Blossoms-Harvest Orange Daisy
Doilies-Small and Medium
Trinkets-Silver and Gold Collection
Stamps-Stained Textures
Silver And Gold papers-Gold & What a Guy/Gold & Gift Shoppes
DoubleDot Designs paper-Chocolate



So Happy Together By Bernii Miller


This weeks BoBunny style swap was so much fun and was definitely a challenge for me. A fun challenge though. I decided to take the approach of choosing another design team member with a style that is very different to mine. So I decided to swap style with 
Lisa Nazario-Gregory , who coincidentally , is also on a style swap layout with me today. 


I took a look around Lisa's blog and really noticed that she has a defined style and her pages would not be complete with out flowers, vines, butterflies, and a layered background. 


So keeping these main elements in mind I used the new Autumn Song collection and created this layout using a gorgeous picture of my mother in law and my daughter. 


A really special bond and friendship now captured. 

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Autumn Song Stripe, Autumn Song Dot
Cardstock: Grape Double Dot.
Stickers: Autumn Song Card stock Sticker, Autumn Song Combo Sticker
Jewels: Autumn Song
Blossoms: Clover Daisy, Plum Purple Pansy, Buttercup Pansy, 
Doilies: Large
Lace: Plum Purple Lace


If you need a fun challenge for the weekend but don't know where to look for someone to swap styles with, choose a BoBunny designer! 

This is fun! You can do it! Enjoy! 

6 comments:

  1. You ladies did such an awesome job of swopping styles and really created stunning pages! Beautiful work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of those layout are just stunning, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such amazing lay-outs ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! What beautiful lo's! LOVING this idea of switching styles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! Amazing, amazing talents :-)

    ReplyDelete