Thursday, June 26, 2014

Off The Page Projects

Do you ever just get the urge to do something different? You want to try something new, but your not sure where to start? These Somewhere In Time off the page projects are incredible!

Siblings And Friends By Lynn Shokoples


I'm sharing an altered frame I made capturing the relationship between our two children Nicole and Ryan who have been best friends since he was born and it continues.  I chose two photos, one when they were small and the other at Nicole's wedding. I started by crackling the frame and the Kraft Wooden Shapes. Then I took the frame piece from the Noteworthy collection and traced it onto the patterned paper to make the two other frames. Along with some fussy cutting of the flowers and playing with the new Gateway Stamps I was really having fun with this project. I added some jewels and trinkets from past collections to add a little extra something extra.


The Kraft Wooden Shapes were the perfect touch for the edges of the frame.


The Antiquity Patterned Paper had so many beautiful flowers on it, I just had to fussy cut a few.


This was my favorite saying on the project. I found it on the internet, printed it out onto the 6x6 patterned paper and then stamped around the edges. 

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Antiquity, Timeless, Keepsake, Chrononaut/ Somewhere in Time
6x6 Paper Pad: Somewhere in Time
Noteworthy: Somewhere In Time
Layered Chipboard: Somewhere In Time
Kraft Wooden Shapes: Elegant
Rub-Ons: Timepiece
Stamps: Gateway
Trinkets: Trail Mix
Jewels: Powder Mountain
Blossoms: Buttercup Dahlia, Harvest Orange Dahlia, Natural Earth Dahlia




An Elegant Lady by Megan Gourlay





 

When Somewhere in Time was introduced I was in seventh heaven, there were so many things in this collection that I loved.  The colours, the little bits of history with bustles, and time pieces are just beautiful - things I have a passion for - history.  So I decided to make my own historical piece.  I had this mannequin at home for ages, but felt it needed an update, so I decided to make an old fashioned lady's dress with a bustle effect and matching hat.




I punched strips of paper and then  sprayed it with water and adhered it to my mannequin moulding it to the shape I wanted - I used the same technique to add the lace effect to my hat.   I fussy cut the gorgeous vine from the  Passage piece of paper and included it in my cluster of vines and flowers at the waist of the pleated burlap lace.  Lastly I added jewels to the center of my paper flowers.





To create my bustle I cut  three different sizes of squares and rolled them into cone shapes, layering them on top of each other. When I was finished I thought that like all fashionable women she needed a necklace and I dug out an old locket from my jewelry box and adhered it to a trinket.


I had so much fun creating this piece!  I swear Somewhere in Time was created just for me!


BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper:Somewhere in Time, Momento, Passage, Chrononaut /Somewhere in Time
Jewels: Licorice, Pop Quiz, Happy Tails
Kraft: Pleated Burlap Lace
6x6 Paper Pad: Somewhere in Time
Doilies: Large 8.5"
Trinkets: The Avenues





Gift Box by Romy Veul




My friend is celebrating her birthday this weekend and I wanted to give her a bracelet, but in a special way. Therefore, I made this little gift box, so I can give her something special. I altered it with the gorgeous Somewhere in Time collection. She loves vintage, so this collection suits her just perfectly.


I also did some stamping with the Stained Textured stamps. I heat embossed the stamping with brown embossing powder to add a bit of texture to my gift box.


I didn't only decorate the outside of the gift box, but also the inside of it. I decorated it with some strips of paper and also attached a die-cut gear and a fussy cut hot-air balloon in the inside of the box.



Bo Bunny Supply List:
Patterned Paper: Somewhere In Time, Balloons, Beauty, Memento, Passage/ Somewhere In Time
Chipboard: Somewhere In Time Layered Chipboard Stickers
Noteworthy: Somewhere In Time
Large Stamps: Stained Textures


5 comments:

  1. These are just amazing. You are all such talented crafters. Somewhere in time is one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are so pretty. Vintage and a little steam punk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ladies.. these projects are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Projects!!! I just love them all!! And I am so lifting the picture frame :) Beautiful work ladies thank you for the continued inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! These are all amazing - beautiful work ladies!

    ReplyDelete