Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Back To School Teach Gift Ideas

It's that time of year again, it's time for our children to get ready to head back to school for another year of learning. This week we are sharing Back To School projects here on the BoBunny blog. Today, our designers have created some fabulous teacher gifts that are sure to inspire you!


Shadow Box by Denise van Deventer

I thought a shadow box, for the wall of a teachers classroom, would be a really nice little gift. I also wanted to put a little saying on it, that could be inspirational too. If I just think of an entire class of aged 6/7 pupils...I would need a LOT of inspiration too!!


The little quote of inspiration says: A Teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge and wisdom in the pupils - Ever Garrison.



I double embossed this little Kraft wood apple, as well as the chipboard corners on the box frame. The result was really pleasing.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Pop Quiz, Midterm/ Pop Quiz
Stickers: Cardstock Sticker/ Pop Quiz
Noteworthy: Pop Quiz
Buttons: Pop Quiz
Jewels: Pop Quiz
Chipboard: Layered Chipboard/ Pop Quiz
Blossoms: Wildberry Daisy
Kraft Wood Shapes School



Gift of Time Coupon Book by Rhonda Van Ginkel



When given the assignment for a teacher gift, I reflected back on last year and what seemed to be asked for most often in Kindergarten. It was always time, either volunteer time for special days or to assist in classroom activities. My idea is to give your commitment of time to the teacher so they know they have a little help. The coupon book was created using a Silhouette cut file.


I decided to create nine pages and label them each for the school months of the year, September through May. There are six pages of coupons for one hour of time. The teacher can redeem them by sending them back in the kids traveling folder to let me know when they would like help.



There are three months where I thought it would be fun to include a small gift card. It would be easy to do ones in small denominations for Coffee, Lunch or an Ice Cream or Department Store. At this time I do not yet know our teacher assignments, so I've kept the book gender neutral. The Somewhere in Time collection was really perfect for my project!

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Somewhere In Time, Antiquity, Beauty, Chrononaut, Evening Mist, Memento and Passage / Somewhere in Time
Chipboard: The Avenues 12x12, Somewhere in Time 12x12, Somewhere In Time Layered Chipboard
Brads: Somewhere In Time
Stickers: Combo Sticker, Somewhere in Time
Misc Me Stickers: The Avenues
Washi Tape: Kraft Patterned



For You - Tea Wallet by Bernii Miller


I love the start of a new school year. It is a time to start a new , with new goals , new lunch boxes and a chance to create some fun and thoughtful gifts to all the teachers out there that will be spending the next year with your precious child.


Being a teacher myself I can tell you now that all the gifts are so thoroughly loved and we love nothing more than knowing you appreciate what we do. So when I heard this weeks assignment I knew right away that I wanted to create a little tea wallet , for all those times that teachers are just too busy to each lunch on breaks and only have time to quickly grab a drink on the go. So this little gift is filled with different flavours of teas , but it could also be filled with little chocolates or even different coffee flavours.


I decided to attach the tea bags to some tags, that I made from the Somewhere In Time collection, which I found really matched my project idea/theme. I attached the tea bags simply using a sticky glue dot so that it would stay adhered , but also remove easy at the time of use without ripping all the papers apart.

This was a super fast and fun gift to make for that special teacher in your child's life.


BoBunny Supplies: 
Patterned Paper: Memento, Evening Mist, Antiquity, Imagination / Somewhere In Time
6 x 6 Paper Pad: Somewhere In Time
Stickers: Combo Stickers/ Somewhere In Time
Jewels: Fright Delight , Ambrosia
Doily: Small 4"

8 comments:

  1. LOVE these projects! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great inspirational projects and beautifully showcasing bobunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the tea wallet a lot. I give my Mom teas sometimes and I'm thinking this would be a nice way to present them to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be a great idea Jenny! It was so easy to make and I gifted them to my work friend with a little box of choclates and she loved it!!

      Delete
  4. sweet teacher gift ideas! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teacher gifts, very creative.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete