Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Little Dutch Inspiration!

Hi everyone, it's Amy here with you today, to share my pinterest inspired off the page project.
I love surfing around the net especially on pinterest you get so many ideas just looking around.
As most of you know I live in The Netherlands that's why I wanted to make something Dutch.
So I came up with a "Clog" what's more Dutch then that right? This picture inspired me to make my OTP.


Wooden Clog by Amy Voorthuis


For this clog I used the pretty Rose Cafe collection. I think the person that created that collection must have Dutch roots, as I said before I love the blues in that collection it looks like Delft's Blue.

I have a little tutorial on how I made this.


The original look of the clog.


All gessoed, abraded and gessoed again to give the surface a better attachment for my next layer of paper pieces.


I used some glue & seal matte finished to attach the pieces of paper and later on sprayed it with some golden glimmer mist and stamped it with the it is written stamp.




Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope I inspired you to make something pretty using your country as inspiration!

BoBunny Supplies: 
Patterned Paper: Fresco/Rose Cafe
Stickers: Combo Sticker/Rose Cafe
Buttons: Altitude
Stamps: It Is Written
Jewels: Double Dot Blue Hues, Frosting, Licorice
Glimmer Spray: Gold, Sugar
Pearlescents Pen: Butterscotch 
Blossoms: Buttercup Pansy, Natural Earth Zinnia, Denim Blue Bouquet

13 comments:

  1. wow Amy! This is absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole....it was such a fun project to make I am so glad you like it ❤ hugz

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! I'm a little partial to the Dutch inspiration seeing my husband of 35 years is Dutch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahhww you are sweet!! Thank you so much for your comment ❤ hugz

      Delete
  3. Very nice project. Very sweet. My neighbor's brought their granddaughter by yesterday and she was wearing the exact shoes. They were brought back from holiday by Gpa for her. When she outgrows them we have a project we can do with her. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, that would be awesome wouldn't it?? Thank you so much for the compliment and your very welcome..... ❤ hugz

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely even though I'm not into OTP this little clog is perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same thing Sandra....I am more of a layout kinda girl too!! This idea just seem to pop up in my head.....most of the time when I'm suppose to make a OTP I'm having trouble to find something to make and do it at the last moment!!! For this it wasn't the case.....hugz xxx ❤

      Delete
  5. Amy this is sooooo gorgeous, and is so "very you"! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhwww thanks Jules I haven't heard from you in a while......how are you doing?? Have a great day hugz xxx ❤

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Denise that means so much to me hugs xox

      Delete