Saturday, December 19, 2015

Stunning Enchanted Harvest Cards!


Today I wanted to share a couple of cards with you using the beautiful new copper foil transfers- I cannot get enough of these, they look so stunning when applied!

Enchanted Harvest & Copper Filigree Rubon Cards by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny

My first card Ive made for my BFF's birthday, she loves her garden so I thought this collection was perfect to create something for her :)

Enchanted Harvest & Copper Filigree Rubons Cards by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny


Enchanted Harvest & Copper Filigree Rubons Cards by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny

I wanted a subtle effect from the copper foil transfers, I didn't want it to overwhelm the overall effect.  To achieve this I simply cut up one section of the filigree verse, into three different pieces and rubbed them on different parts of the card.  This is perfect for making your transfers go further and created a bit of contrast to be base piece of paper.

Enchanted Harvest & Copper Filigree Rubons Cards by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny

My second card was made for a friends mum who is turning 89 and loves pottering in her wee garden.

Enchanted Harvest & Copper Filigree Rubons Cards by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny

This time I used the copper doily foil transfer. I've applied it to a plain piece of card stock and then fussy cut it out - I wanted it to be a part of the cluster, not blend into the background paper.

Enchanted Harvest matches the gold and copper foil transfers to perfection.

I have done a lot of fussy cutting on these cards.  To give all the leaves and sunflowers dimension I've using an embossing tool to help curl the petals and define the leaves.  Some are also layered up higher with chipboard giving a more layered look.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  Foliage, Butterflies, Sunflowers / Enchanted Harvest
Paper Pad: Enchanted Harvest
Chipboard: 12 x 12 Enchanted Harvest
Foil Transfers: Copper Filigree
Kraft Wood Shapes: Camera
Jewels: Lemonade Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment